Jump to content

The Financial Difficulties thing


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I was just about to file the claim in court when the whole OFT thing happened.

Thing is my husband lost his job before christmas, now is back in work but we acquired quite a few arrears (council tax and mortgage plus utilities) during the time he was out of work so I think we have a case for financial difficulties.

Who is it I contact to get my reclaim looked at in light of my situation?

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest trudd, I doubt that Nat West will look at paying up regardless of the Waiver re: financial hardship. However, you could give it a go before filing at court if you wish. Contact Customer Relations Unit on 0845 3030456.


However, I think you'll need to file your claim at court (use N1 and the new Nat West PoC - it's in the Stickys). It will more than likely be stayed just after Cobbetts file their defence, but you could then apply to have it lifted stating financial hardship as a reason - see here for info on how to lift the stay http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html


Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide


I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alternative to court is to ask the FOS if they will look at it due to your current financial situation. They may not as your husband is now working, but if you don't ask you'll never know and it is free.






Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very much.

We've had so much money trouble from just a few months out of work. For some reason nobody (CAB, Jobcentre or the utility companies) told us about most things we were entitled too even when we asked many times. It's as if they assume you've been through it before...then when you find out they can't backdate it.:mad: but that's a rant for another board I suspect.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...