Sem vs Clydesdale Financial Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am about to make a claim vs. Clydesdale Financial Services (£350 worth of letter charges) and I need a little help as its not straight forward.

Originally the debt was with Cetelem UK but it was sold on to Clydesdale.

As it was originally with cetelem I didn’t sign any credit agreement with Clydesdale Financial Services So this section on the prelim letter will not apply

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

Should I still include that paragraph in the letter or should I replace it with something

If I should what would be the best thing to say

Also I have calculated that if I reclaim the charges I would have overpaid on my account by around £160 or so

Should I include this on the prelim as well or stick it on the schedule of charges

Thanks

Has CFS added any charges to your account?

If not I Would have thought you needed to claim of Cetalem UK who are owned by the Halifax.

The £160 overpayment will be made up of the charges you are re-claiming and your balance would be zero after a sucsessful claim.

If the charges are from CFS then you should have had a contract with T&C's then you could just alter the prelim letter by replacing (account opened) to (entered into contract with you) and finish it off with It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

Hope this helps and if I'm Wrong on some of the points I've made I'm sure someone will correct me. It will at least give you a bump.;)

Cetelem UK Limited is not owned by Halifax as at today's date. It is the financial company attached to Land Of Leather. Formerly called: Halifax Cetelem Credit Limited.

Details from Company House today below:

CETELEM (UK) LIMITED

LEO HOUSE

RAILWAY APPROACH

WALLINGTON

SURREY SM6 0XX

Company No. 03610034

Send your claim request to Cetelem if they made the charges against you. Otherwise send it to CFS.