Me vs H.F.C. Bank

meols cop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Made a claim against H.F.C. Bank in relation to my Beneficial Visa card. These amounted to £783. £1032 with interest. They have replied with an offer of £370.

What do people think reject or accept. Dont want to go through the Court procedure and they stay the case. Although from what I have read the test case should not affect Credit Cards.

Advice would be appreciated

The test case shouldnt affect you if you do a straight breach of contract claim based on Common Law, if you also use the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 it will get stayed because that regulation is being clarified by the test case.

£370 is a lot less than £1032 but it is money you never thought you would see again and as ever when you get an offer its up to you. the choice is £370 within a few days/weeks or £1032 in maybe 3 or 4 months time.

Whatever you choose to do you have made some money back out of your bank :) so well done :D

pete

I think keep it simple something along the lines of BF's original POC's but leave out section 4(b) and edit it for a credit card. Or better still, you will probably find someone in the Other Institutions forum who would be willing to share their POC's there are quite a few credit card claims in there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/

pete