GE MONEY have sent incomplete statements under SRA!!!

rubynicola
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there please help me,

I sent my SRA to GE Money ( for my House of Fraser account), they have sent me a reply which states;

' As previously requested, please find a list of transactions and charges on your GE Capital Bank accounts.

Please be advised that we do not hold statements on your account for June 2002, July and October 2003 or February, April and May 2004. This may be due to your account being at nil balance on those particular months. If your account is at nil balance for any particular month, no statements will have been issued.

There has been no manual intervention on this account.'

1. They have provided me with incomplete statements, they say it might be because my account was at nil balance. It has never been at nil balance, and the months I have show that my balance was never at nil (ie balance brought forward, interest from last statement etc).

WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS???

2. For the months 16/06/04- 30/05/06 they have not provided me with statements but a print out of a computer screen ( that looks like a excel spread sheet). On the 16/01/2005 I was charged £18.00 for an arrears letter, but on 02/04/2005 I was charged £15.00 for an arrears letter.

That is no way correct as charges go up as months proceed not go down. It makes me very suspicious as it is a computer screen print out and it could have been fiddled with.

What shall I do??

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get any further with your request as i had the same reply but i know there has never in the last 5 yrs been a nil balance on my account and im sure there were charges on the account for late payments.and like you i only ever made cash payments or some were by cheque?any help would be appriciated!!

I have resent them the repayment letter, stating that the 40days SAR was still running and that I had never had a nil balance and this was proven from the balances from the months before and after the missing statements.

They replied by saying that they were really sorry but they could not find the statements for the missing months.

I am going to now send a LBA letter but for all the months they cant find I am going to put down I had a late payment, as if they cant find them they can not say I did not have a late payment, and if it were to go to court I am sure the judge would not look favourably on the company for not providing full statements for my SAR, wit the excuse they cant locate them.

Hi Dan,

I recieved a letter stating full payment from GE money will be credited to my next statment, which included my request that the six months of statments they could not provide me with, I was going to assume they had charged me a late payment fee.

Good luck!!!!