Jump to content


I have a offer letter from DG solicitors, but have recieved nothing.


redlizard
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

If anyone could help me i'd be most greatful. I'm really starting to loose it with the wild goose chase i've been sent on.

 

I first started my claim in July 2006, the normal way with letters back and froth from the bank. However this didn't get me any results so I filed a claim with the County court in January this year. The date of the hearing set for 29th June 2007.

 

I hqd one letter from DG Solicitors asking for a breakdown of all charges, which I sent to them. I heard nothing until the 19th June. The letter they sent basically was an offer for the full amount, which I had to sign and send back within 7 days; also signing to agree to confidentiality. I work in France, and got back to the UK, and the letter, on the 27th June, ready for the court hearing. Being out of the 7 day period and not being keen on signing a confidentiality agreement I decided to go ahead with the court hearing. The next morning I recieve a letter from DG Solicitors saying they have contacted the HSBC who will be sending full payment within 10 days, and they have sent a letter to the court excusing themselves from the hearing as the case was settled.

 

I called the court who advised me to postpone the hearing date; rather than cancel it, until I recieved the cheque and it cleared. This is what I have done and have recieved nothing.

 

I have written to the HSBC and made numerous phone calls, but they say they have no record of the claim and tell me to call DG Solicitors.

DG Solicitors pass me from one phone line to another and promise to pass on messages and to call me back, but never do. They also say they cant deal with my query as I don't have a reference account number for them that they say is on the offer letter, but isn't.

 

I have contacted the court to arrange a new court date as this is the only thing I can think of doing to get some response.

 

Please help me, where can i go from here?

 

Jen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you still have the letter form dg saying that they have informed hsbc who will be sending payment with 10 days?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

 

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

 

New advice guide explains credit card rights

 

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

 

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

 

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

 

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

 

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can only use a warrant of execution on a case that has been awarded judgment on by a court!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

 

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

 

New advice guide explains credit card rights

 

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

 

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

 

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

 

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

 

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again,

 

thanks for your speedy response.

 

Yes I still have the letter that says they'll get the HSBC to send payment in 10 days, I also have a copy of the letter that they sent to the court excusing themselves;

 

What should I do with these (apart from keeping them very very safe!!)

 

Jen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jen,

 

to be honest am not 100% sure here as have not come across this before. some of the others might have abetter idea than me. but I would scan them or make a few photo copies ....lol.............. for back up..........

 

my first port of call would be to ask the court if there is anything that you can do. like a warrant for example......it might be worth going into your branch armed with a photo copy and show them it. i suppose you coudl try the it was passed back to you by you legal dept................ so pay up or else................

 

the other obvious chocie is the banking ombudsman..........

 

Freaky,Lattie Pete, PD? anyone else got a clue???

rockin all over the world

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I deal with a banking ombudsman?

 

I will call the court again tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do for me, unfortunately I can't get to my HSBC branch until the beginning of October as I work offshore. (definately making the whole process more difficult!)

 

So you've not come across this before, oh cripes!! I'll definatlt be making many copies of everything I have!

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I deal with a banking ombudsman?

 

I will call the court again tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do for me, unfortunately I can't get to my HSBC branch until the beginning of October as I work offshore. (definately making the whole process more difficult!)

 

So you've not come across this before, oh cripes!! I'll definatlt be making many copies of everything I have!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would write to the court asking for your claim to be re-instated, explaining why, enclosing copies of the offer letter and notice of discontinuance letter from DG, and that you haven't yet received settlement. At the same time copy them to DG.

 

If DG try to get a stay, they will have to explain to the judge why they promised settlement and have reneged on that promise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...