I think I've Messed It All Up!

Lukep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am due in court for a hearing on thursday for £700 against Nationwide.

I have prepared a court bundle and was feeling very happy with myself when I reread the letter from court. It said I was supposed to send them and Nationwide a copy of my 'evidence' at least 14 days before the hearing. Well I've got all the stuff but I never sent them a copy!

What do I do????

As a side note Nationwide have not sent me anything either.

what type of hearing is it - full or directions

What do you mean by you have all the stuff - you have prepared a court bundle- ? were you asked to send that to Nationwide as well?

Need a few more details before anybody can help ?

Also which court - as you may need to check if they are staying cases.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

It's an initial hearing.

I have prepared a court bundle using the stuff in the template section. I was told that both sides had to send a copy of their evidence to the other side and to the court. I have checked High Wycombe court and they are undecided about staying.

Does this help?

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by an initial hearing ?

If it is a directions hearing you dont normally need the full bundle .

But the bank dont have to send anything as they can rely on the defence initially filed.

I think you only have a couple of choices - send a copy to court and solicitors by recorded delivery so it is there on the day - or call the court again to see if they will help - or just take the copies of the bundle on the day .

Have you read you banks forum - are they sending in prople to argue for the stay?

Also bumping your question up for more experienced help

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

dony know if this might help

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks that helped a bunch. Turns out it is a proper hearing and I think ive messed it up as the judge will probably now throw out the case.

The judge automatically allocated it to the small claims track and gave us time to submit evidence. Now we havent done that he can throw out the case without even looking. And due to this I think Nationwide will turn up.

HAs anyone ever been in this situation and what happened?

so sorry to hear that - not sure about the costs angle I thought that was not applicable in small claims court ? Or is that only if one party looses?

Pity your court did not tell you that when you called then you could have cancelled the case or asked for more time .

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

The reason he wants costs is because he says "We recieved no documents and therefore needed to turn up as we would nto prepare anything"

Despite the fact he was also there for somebody at 10:15. (we were at 10)