Natwest v Wally v Natwest

Wally

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could do - did start at the begining by going through a solicitor who was absolutly usless. Her answer was to just pay them! Do you think it may be worth finding someone better? If it saves money in the long run then its worth it.

Trouble is I dont want a CCJ as in the long run it will cost a fortune in paying extra when needing to remortgage etc.

It really sticks in my throat to think I might have to pay them. ALL the money they are claiming are their charges on top of their charges - so wrong.

I think solicitors are only pro-actvive when there is a reasonable chance of success. I have found them useful on points of law and advice over things we don't know about but they do. However in any case/complaint they rely on the facts as told to them by their client, if their client is not sure what his/her complaint is then they can't really help.

Unless you have a clear complaint in you head myabe hand it over to the Ombudsman, at least they bank cannot persue you whildst you are in Australia. You can appoint someone you trust to pass on your mail and communicate with the Ombudsman from there, but going from expereince they won't be ready for at least 8 weeks and by that time you wll have returned.

You don't have to accept the Ombudsman's descision and still go to court of you disagree.

There is an excellent book out that might help you with sonsumer law and would be light reading for you on holiday:

Blackstone's Statutes on Commercial and Consumer Law 2009-2010

by Francis Rose;

ISBN 978-0-19-956922 9

Regards

Ieuan

We have been through the Ombudsman as we had a claim for financial hardship. They would only help if we where still going through financial hardship - we where at the time but not now so they said they couldnt help. I think they are pretty toothless anyway.

I'm really not going to worry about the Natwest Bank while I'm on a holiday of a life time. Maybe I'll read it when I get back.

Martin Lewis should come up with some answers soon so I'll see what he says.

Although the battle has been lost the war has not and I'm not giving up the fight - yet:D

Unless the stay has been lifted I would have thought the account was still in dispute as it is still the subject of a court action.

Check the situation with the court when you get back if you haven't heard from them.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.