Debt Sold On....

Arnold Layne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a couple of Barclaycard accounts a few years ago which have been sold on to Cabot.

Bearing in mind Cabot probably only paid 10% to 15% for my debt, is Cabot's purchase figure now the figure I owe, seeing as Barclaycard have written-off a probable 90% of my original debt?

If so, am I within my rights to know how much my debt was sold for and consequently be prepared only to pay the purchase figure?

I have not made myself perfectly clear but if someone has got the jist of my enquiry I would appreciate a helping hand.

Thanks in advance.

If so, am I within my rights to know how much my debt was sold for and consequently be prepared only to pay the purchase figure?

This question has been asked dozens of times, and the answer is "No". The amount you owe has no relation to the amount Cabot paid for it.

Send Cabot a CCA request, as advised in the rest of the forum, and have a look on the cabot sub-forum.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.