West KO's RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if you can call cobbetts and (heaven forbid) discuss your claim with them. Surely if they do not want all the court hassle it would be easier to speak with them over the phone in a civilised manner. I need to pay my student fees by the 31st of this month otherwise i cannot continue with university. The allocation questionnaire didnt have to be handed in until 04/09/06 which is when i guess i'll be receiving something from cobbetts trying to settle, but i just cant wait that long. i have no other means of getting the money for my fees together.

Dilemma.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest willowb

If it were me, I'd write a few sentences down and stick to some basic points.....but I'm totaly CRAP on the phone, I get all in a muddle......you'll be fine, be confident!

Wx

i have spoken to lynsey burgoyne being helpful as she could be given the circumstances. She told me that she has emailed the client and is waiting a reply from them. I'm guessing that i wont here anything now until the eleventh hour. Hopefully it will be sooner. I asked to be emailed as soon as any information is made available.

Guest willowb

I guess they might increase the offer. you're in an awkward situation really aren't you? Is there no way that the Uni can be sweet talked into waiting for the funds? If not, and there's no chance of getting the money another way? It's a tough call.....but it's your education and future at stake isn't it! I feel for you love.

Wx

I have yet to receive anything from Cobblers. Heres hoping that they can pull their finger out. Although when i did call them they did say that they had to be in contact with their client with regards to the claim. I'm just wondering who at RBS's head office they are talking with?

Today i have received an email from my local newspaper who appear to be interested in covering my story. At the moment i am giving them only a few details as i do not want to jeopordise my claim. My allocation questionnaire had to be in by the 4th September. Does anyone know if this is when i should hear something from Cobbetts???????

Ok so now i'm waiting. The allocation questionnaire was supposed to be in by next Monday. Is this when the solictors have to have theirs back aswell? Does anyone know how much longer you have to wait for final settlement. Hoping it will be soon. Very draining experience.

Suggestions??

Guest willowb

westable why don't you phone the Court and the people in the office will tell you what happens next and give you a rough timetable. The Court which has been allocated to me (Preston) was very helpful when I phoned them.

Wxx

I just got a phone call from my housemate, who i asked to contact me if i got any post. He said i'd had a letter from cobbetts, dreading it i asked him to open it. Inside was a cheque for my full claim amount.

Thank you everyone on this forum for help with my claim.

Love you all.

XXXXXXXXXX