Help with shares stock.

who

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anybody help with this question. My Dad has a share certificate which was handed down to him from his dad. The share is in his dads name. The company is being sold and the share should be worth £1000. After appoching the company they told me that the share is only valid to people who are still employed with them. Is this just a fob off or do they have a point?. The certificate was bought in 1957 to start a new company. Any help please.... Paul.

Please can anybody help with this question. My Dad has a share certificate which was handed down to him from his dad. The share is in his dads name. The company is being sold and the share should be worth £1000. After appoching the company they told me that the share is only valid to people who are still employed with them. Is this just a fob off or do they have a point?. The certificate was bought in 1957 to start a new company. Any help please.... Paul.

Sounds like a Private Limited Company but it would help if you could confirm this.

It would depend on the terms of the share issue in the Companiy's memorandum. Copies of these can be obtained from Companies House

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Thanks dw,I can't find the company in company house. Should it be there?..Yes it could be private.It is Steamline taxis Bristol, It was started by a few drivers in 1955 who bought shares to get the firm off the ground. And I think it's run very simular to a co-op. Would it help if a current driver applied as the owner of the share even if it is my Grandads name?.I don't work for them but I know a few who do. Thanks again, Paul.

• 1 month later...

If I had shares in Boots The Chemist.

Took redundancy 6 years ago, and I never signed to forfeit them.

Signed a compromise agreement with my union rep present wth HR.

To take the redundancy due to ill healh

Although they have been taken over and delisted.

Can I still claim my dividends pre dated and my original share worth

If I had shares in Boots The Chemist.

Took redundancy 6 years ago, and I never signed to forfeit them.

Signed a compromise agreement with my union rep present wth HR.

To take the redundancy due to ill healh

Although they have been taken over and delisted.

Can I still claim my dividends pre dated and my original share worth

Write to the registrar (e.g. Capita, Lloyds TSB), address on the share certificate.

Although, if you were are valid share holder you would have been contacted when Boots was taken over. Unless, you moved address and they could not find you.

Regards,

John

P.S. answered both of your messages on this topic