Oh dear, here we go again...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first letter to this lot....

'With regard to your threat to take unlawful charges from my account re. unpaid direct debits. This was due to an oversight on my part resulting in approaches being made before I thought they were due. We have had a very good relationship so far. Please let’s not ruin it by these ludicrous charges being upheld as I do not want to have to go down the road of reclaiming through the Courts.

My wages are paid into this account regularly and it is the only account I use at present. I would like it to remain that way but the minute you start treating me with this sort of contempt I will use every avenue available to recover every single penny.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

If this request is above the remit of whoever reads it please could you pass it on to someone authorised to deal with it.'

seems reasonable enough to me Bilgeman, I hope that it works for you.

goodluck.gif

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Thanks, Stonedecroze...

Well, surprise! A letter, which no doubt others have received, drawing my attention to the 'legal proceedings with the OFT', arrived this week. Evidently I am an imbecile who has to have things pointed out to me by little snides who've been on courses. God, I hate these people:-

My response;

'Thank you for your predictable reply to my letter of 20 August.

I am aware of all the rhetoric and standard claptrap revolving around these issues and it really isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. I’m also aware of the forthcoming test case and it cannot come quickly enough. I am also aware that you have the option of waiving these charges if you see fit. I was hoping that, in the interests of fair play and a good business relationship, and as this is my first ‘offence’, you might exercise that option and make one of those famous ‘gestures of goodwill’ that those of use who visit CAG regularly hear so much about.

These charges are not fair and they are not reasonable. Face it, if it costs a bank thirty nine quid to send out a standard letter then it shouldn’t be a bank in the first place.

Don’t think that I will sit back and take this off-handed, insulting, unprofessional behaviour without kicking back. The days of banks and their like riding roughshod over the very people who keep them ticking over are ending and you and the rest of them had better grow up along with your customers.

If we, as customers are supposed to await the result of the test case before our claims can proceed, how come you lot still feel you don’t have to play your part by ceasing to apply these charges whilst the case proceeds? If we aren’t supposed to claim them back then you should reciprocate by not applying them until the case is resolved. By all means keep them logged, ready to apply in the unlikely event that you win but don’t assume that you will win and apply them regardless.

I will get my money back.'

Thanks, Stonedecroze...

Well, surprise! A letter, which no doubt others have received, drawing my attention to the 'legal proceedings with the OFT', arrived this week. Evidently I am an imbecile who has to have things pointed out to me by little snides who've been on courses. God, I hate these people:-

My response;

'Thank you for your predictable reply to my letter of 20 August.

I am aware of all the rhetoric and standard claptrap revolving around these issues and it really isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. I’m also aware of the forthcoming test case and it cannot come quickly enough. I am also aware that you have the option of waiving these charges if you see fit. I was hoping that, in the interests of fair play and a good business relationship, and as this is my first ‘offence’, you might exercise that option and make one of those famous ‘gestures of goodwill’ that those of use who visit CAG regularly hear so much about.

These charges are not fair and they are not reasonable. Face it, if it costs a bank thirty nine quid to send out a standard letter then it shouldn’t be a bank in the first place.

Don’t think that I will sit back and take this off-handed, insulting, unprofessional behaviour without kicking back. The days of banks and their like riding roughshod over the very people who keep them ticking over are ending and you and the rest of them had better grow up along with your customers.

If we, as customers are supposed to await the result of the test case before our claims can proceed, how come you lot still feel you don’t have to play your part by ceasing to apply these charges whilst the case proceeds? If we aren’t supposed to claim them back then you should reciprocate by not applying them until the case is resolved. By all means keep them logged, ready to apply in the unlikely event that you win but don’t assume that you will win and apply them regardless.

I will get my money back.'

inthenuts.gif

Good letter, like one of these, prob do as much good as well!! LOL

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• 2 years later...

Just a quickie. Halifax are trying to charge 15 quid for a failed payment and presumably claiming that this is lawful. The details are irrelevant really. I believe they are trying it on by hoping to appear that they have reduced their charge so that the customer will think it has come down enough to be enforceable. Presumably I just tell them to give me it back as usual? :???:

Yes you do. Just as usual

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They don't care. Sent me a letter saying they value my custom and are sorry I am leaving them (!), which I never said I was. And I should take the letter as their final word on the matter. Theirs, maybe. Mine - not!

You will need to check they haven't closed the account. As it sounds they have got the wrong end of the stick.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .