Is This Guy For Real?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This person started PMing me out of the blue. I had to block him in the end. Is this a wind up?

Originally Posted by LCplFry

Hey sorry Im kinda new to the whole forum thing as a whole, and how to post messages in response to them and that sort of thing but one thing I do know about is debt collections. I want you to read this regardless of how you think I may feel on the subject because I am a debt collector. Ill be honest it is a job for me nothing more. I would like most consumers to be more informed about how debt collections agencies work and what we can and cant do because there seems to be some misunderstanding on that part. Futhermore I dont misrepresent any information to consumers even in my attempts to collect debts and in fact it has helped me collect debts more so because I dont lie to or mislead anybody. I am completely honest with consumers and that is a different approach that most of them appreciate. Now to the actually responsd to your post on the forum. I wouldnt suggest doing that for a few reasons. #1 anybody who regularlly collects debts( this being the actually definition, according to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, for a debt collector) has extensive knowledge on how to speak to third parties i.e. unauthorized parties. contrary to popular belief, most debt collectors know a lot, possibly more than some lawyers, about the FDCPA and what it actually states we can and cant do. Trust me, some will try to manipulate it as best as possible. At the same time it was put in place to protect consumers rights not to give them the right to sue because they dont want to pay their bills which is unfortunately the case in most situations. This reason being first and foremost as it will, most likely not work. I wouldnt say that our greedy eyes would light up at the thought of a balance in full because our actually compensation for money we collect is not as much as some consumers may think and as a matter of fact our pay to begin with is nothing to be excited about. Now on the other hand their is a fair amount of competition in this business as it does attract a competitive crowd. This competition is the main part of what makes up this facade of greed and the small compensation is merely to make up for the already meager pay. As I said it is more or less just a competitive business. That being said most debt collectors no matter how motivated will not face a lawsuit for the sake of competition. This is why I would say that the plan is not a good idea. As well as the fact that you should remember that debt collectors are people just like you. If you expect them to respect your rights how about some respect on the opposite end. You might be suprised to know that most debt collectors are consumers as well and a lot of them have debts in collection angencies. Just understand that as is with most industries we have to make our pay somehow and what we do on a normal basis is what we are required to do and at the same time somebody has to do it. so as should be expected when somebody is being uncooperative with paying, especially when we have the information to know that they have the means to do so, and they will not, it can make one a bit at a loss for the proper courtesies. I digress, but let me say that along with being a debt collector, I am also a reservist in the U.S Marine Corps, hence my username Lance Corporal Fry. I may be a debt collector but I am also proud to fight for the rights that we have in this great country and who would I be to fight for those rights and then not abide by the laws of that country. If you have any questions as to what you should do in the case of collection calls or how to better understand the FDCPA shoot me a message and I will be more than happy to speak with you on it.

MY REPLY.

Yeah, and there were some nice and responsible NAZIS too. On the whole though, the NAZIS needed taking down. Being connected to the American military you should understand that. If we knock out a few not so bad debt collectors, well sorry. Collateral damage. You need to be lobbying the DCA's and the OFT, not PMing me. I have only ever seen lies, intimidation, harassment, disdain and a patronising attitude from DCA's. Indeed, the first time I ever rang them about my elderly father's approaching court case they tried making out they already had judgement! No mistake. He knew they didn't. Please don't bother me again. My mind is made up. Nothing personal.

Although this may be the case with you I think you misunderstood my message. I said if you needed specific clarification on what debt collectors can and cannot do ask me and I would help because I understand the unlawful practices that some use. Do not patronize me by telling me to go **** myself in short. I hope you do understand that you will never take out debt collections so the whole part of that effort is fairly worthless, I simply want to help you with your own efforts to keep debt collectors from violating your rights. Im not asking you to like debt collectors as a whole either, I am also saying that I offer my advice regardless of whether or not you like me personally or not. Although I most say, I cant understand why you would possibly hate someone for trying to do for creditors what you would want to be done for you if somebody had borrowed amounts of money from you as well. This is obviously besides the point because as you are a person I cannot expect you to change your mind, as I too am stubborn in such matters but what you should realize is that there is no collateral damage in what you are doing because whatever damage you are doing to DCA's is not effecting individual collectors provided they follow the law. That being said if my office were ever to shut down due to lawsuit, which I highly doubt due to our legal team, I would gladly apply at another DCA if not only for the simple fact that the only reason we were shut down is because people dont want to own up to their own responsibility, and realize I am not just referring to financial responsibility, because society is so fixated on the fact that they always victims whenever they cant live comfortably just the way they had always dreamed of. So when people are living beyond their means and are mad that I am trying to get them to pay money that they already spent they should be glad all they get is a phone call. Furthermore I might expect that you would be a little more supportive of somebody who is willing to fight for the very rights you hold so dear including the freedom to speak freely in this messages or did you forget about that one?

MY REPLY.

I told you my mind is made up. They can be taken out. I disagree with you. I am hatching more schemes to screw them real good. Go to the OFT if you are concerned. Now stop bothering me. Twice I have told you this now. Or do you not listen when someone tells you to go away? Typical DCA man.

I guess the OFT is a british thing because I dont know what that is and until today didnt realize that this was a british forum. I dont know if it is the same there for debt collectors and how they treat consumers. I dont know they may not have as strict laws as they do hear. And this may also be the reason that you believe they can be taken out because there may not be as many. Now I believe I am getting under your skin because you still feel the need to respond to each of my messages and that at least says you are curious. I see that you are trying to generalize debt collectors when we are so far apart in character and morals that you would not know a typical debt collector even if you met them face to face without them telling you they were one first. Now let me say that it is not my intention to try to make you feel insecure about your feelings towards debt collectors as you seem to be missing the point that I was simply offering my advice and even you schemes you are "hatching" no doubt at this very moment would be much less successful without my imput, considering I am on both sides of this fence everyday. Now on the note you made comparing debt collectors to Nazi's, Im glad you can make such a broad comparison as to our morals and those apparently represented by our profession, stating that of course there may be good people who just want to earn an honest paycheck who do it collecting debts. Now let us also make that same relation in reference to a consumer. Who is to say that I, as a debt collector, should be aggressive at collecting debts and use unmoral techniques to do so because a vast majority of debtors are not paying simply because they think they can get away with it and enjoy having that freedom to steal money from creditors and that I can consider it collateral damage when I do the same to the few that really cannot pay their bills due to some kind of hardship or the people who are honestly disputing a charge, as opposed to disputing to rid themselves of that debt for lack of any good reason. Now sir I seriously doubt that you would be in this type of forum if you were trying to screw us over just because you didnt want to pay you bills. I do remember your comment about your dad and that is honestly what I had made the message to you for. For the simple fact that a majority of people can be played over by a debt collector if they dont know what to do in a situation. I am in no way trying to justify any DCA's actions and past this message if you still choose to simply say that I am just bothering you then you're just as good as a Nazi anyways, unwilling to change his point of view because he was wronged at some point in time. since you chose to bring up the Nazis I just thought I would bring up their fearless leader Hitler, who grew up to hate Jews because of some wrong doings to him on their part. Im sure he considered the millions of Jewish people he killed collateral damage as well. You dont start off hating Jewish people you know what I mean? It is so easy to get a following for people to hate somebody when it involves spending money that you owe right? So how do your plans and loopholes to screw them over make you any different from the debt collector who tried to do it to you, you ****** peace of ****. Regardless of how I feel about the you I would still treat every consumer with the full respect of the law. But what can you expect from a typical debtor.

MY REPLY.

Yep. You really don't get the message you Judas. You have now been blocked. Pray I don't ever emigrate to the U.S. or you may find yourself looking for a new industry to work in after I decimate the Yankee DCA's.

Now I might have been a bit lary and given him short shrift, but I don't expect to come here and start getting PMed by Cebt Collectors! :eek: :eek: :eek:

WTF. Is he really nothing to do with English DCA's? Hmmm.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Gee nice of him.

This just goes to show how much "research" your average DCA does.

It should of been obvious very quickly that this is an ENGLISH forum and as such NOTHING you do with the septics at all.

Oh well typical Yank, going on the offensive with bad intelligence.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Ah. I just seen that Alliance One thread. Maybe it is no coincidence. Why the hell is he PMing me though? :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe he didn't like my Terminator analogy or he has identified me as a rabble rouser lmao. Still, after those PM's it makes me feel like there is absolutely no refuge from these people. :mad: :mad: :mad: Just sod off for ****s sake!

I haven't got a clue!

" Fair Debt Collection Practices Act"...

Gee, so he knows the law in America... well, that's real important in the UK!

Just a pity some of these American DCA's don't know the British laws, if they chose to operate in our market.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Unfortunately, this and similar forums are a playground for DCA employees. Generally speaking, they do enjoy the false sense of superiority and anonymity these forums provide. It's not too dissimilar to working on the 'phones.

It's a bit disturbing that some are prepared to go as far as PM'ing people to get their kicks, but that is the very nature of the ideal DCA employee. A totally brainwashed automaton, who genuinely believes they are chasing non-payers, and not just targeting people who have genuine problems. Some feel the need to justify their actions by being 'accepted' on such forums, but it hides an underlying feeling of guilt.

They do eventually show themselves with the "DCA's aren't that bad" line they eventually take and thats a dead cert giveaway, as the rest of us will know.

Have some fun with them. It's an argument they can't possibly win as they are indoctrinated into believing they are chasing dodgers when in fact they are targeting ordinary, normal people who are usually already paying, and you can be sure their organisation pays no heed to the law or even good practices......just don't be too generous with the personal information!!! Throw in a red herring every once in a while if you're a regular poster.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

:p Blimey, he fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on his way down didn't he?!

You did right to block him.

JeanJS you are right... I think .co.uk sort of gives the game away a bit really, at least to anyone with a working brain cell ... pmsl :D :D

Love Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

:p Blimey, he fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on his way down didn't he?!

ROFPMSL...

You did right to block him.

JeanJS you are right... I think .co.uk sort of gives the game away a bit really, at least to anyone with a working brain cell ... pmsl :D :D

Love Spiritgirl x

But we all know the DCAs share the person with the working braincell ;)

Thank you all for helping preserve my sanity and agreeing he is an idiot. Why did he pick on me? :???: :???: :???: Sigh. And yes if I hadn't blocked him i'm sure he would have kept on at me until I did agree with him. I'm still taken aback it actually happened. What hole did he crawl out of? I bet he'll be ******* phoning me up soon! He needs a CAG ASBO before he starts heckling others by PM lol.

It should of been obvious very quickly that this is an ENGLISH forum

Is it? :confused:

As previously stated, it at least seems that people who work for DCA's are consistant both here and across the pond. Don't read, don't listen.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Is it? :confused:

As previously stated, it at least seems that people who work for DCA's are consistant both here and across the pond. Don't read, don't listen.

He probably thought he was in deepest DCA hell after reading some of the threads on here. Ho ho ho. :D :D :D

LcplFry, LcplFry, come out come out, wherever you are?!

since you chose to bring up the Nazis I just thought I would bring up their fearless leader Hitler, who grew up to hate Jews because of some wrong doings to him on their part. Im sure he considered the millions of Jewish people he killed collateral damage as well. You dont start off hating Jewish people you know what I mean?
Well I'm sure he didn't, 'sir', sure he was a good guy really...

'fearless leader?'. Well that's what you do, don't you, if somebody upsets you when you're little, try and annihilate an entire race of people when you grow up? Deliberately build gas chambers to kill millions? Collateral damage?!?

If you want a discussion, start a thread. I for one would take you on, for the outrageous things you've said. However I think people would probably deride and then ignore you, which is actually what you deserve. But as you chose to sneak up on a CAG member and effectively start whispering in their ear, you're a bit of a head-troll, aren't you?

So why not have the courage of your extremely warped convictions? Come out, come out - wherever you are!

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

The arrogant sod will probably try and have some of us extradited to the US of A.

Funny, he sounded like a yank after the first few lines - you can spot them a mile off.

Pity the mouthy beggars can't spot our troopies on the ground.

Vandermerwe

An interesting thread. The reply, "Generally speaking, they do enjoy the false sense of superiority and anonymity these forums provide" could also, be a very accurate description of the non DCA employees who post here as well!!

This forum does seem to have a most unpleasant mob mentality. Anyone who does not agree 100% with the regulars is instantly considered a DCA employee....or worse. The rather unbelievable comment made which refers to 'Nazi's' is perhaps a little to close to home? Weren't they a group who refused to accept anyone who did not agree 100% with their beliefs? How do the regulars react to anyone disagreeing with the 'party line' here?

If this site is to be considered something better than a private club for Bank/DCA haters I think a little open mindedness and tolerance for those not agreeing 100% is required from the 'regulars'.

Please note I do not work for a DCA, but cue the usual tedious responses...'troll'...'DCA'...'Ban him'.....'subscribing'......zzzzzzz

'If this site is to be considered something better than a private club for Bank/DCA haters I think a little open mindedness and tolerance for those not agreeing 100% is required from the 'regulars'.'

If only this were a 'private' club for Bank/DCA haters. I can't speak for others, but that would make me very happy. I would rather people were much more vicious. I actually think people here are way too nice towards them. They got on my goat to the point of no return long ago. Such a shame trolls stick out like a sore thumb. Unpleasant mob mentality? Hmm, now who does that remind me off? Not the DCA's surely! ROFL I reckon this place is really beginning to upset the DCA's to the point of soiling themselves. Oh dear, oh dear. Let me guess. You're possibly a process server...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks