Orange and phone numbers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner brought a new Orange Samsung phone last year, with a new number. Within a couple of days of having it he started to receive text messages from an unknown company. Upon contacting Orange they said ' he had signed up for a premium rate service, by calling a 090 number'. Hilarious really, he was on a text-only tariff and couldn't make any phone calls, except for 999 calls! After a further 3 months the bills for this service had reached a staggering £170, and Orange still refused to assist in the matter. To make matters worse they then said they were going to cut him off unless he paid this bill, now approaching £200. At this point he was taken ill with meningitis and lay in a coma for 2 days. Orange cut the phone off and wouldn't reinstate him unless they had his permission, even though they were infomred in writing he was criticial in hospital. After several more weeks of calls and complaints we contacted the OFCOM office and they gave us some advice. and Orange and the third party company refunded the money. The issue lied in the fact that Orange had not quarantined the number for long enough - it has to be a minimum of six months. Orange admitted in a phone call they had broken their terms and conditions themselves, but then wanted to charge us to end the contract. Upon taking legal advice, Orange stated they had 'no record of the phone call'. We would never use Orange again and would warn all customers to be very wary of Orange. Their customer service is absoutel shocking.

adamkimmince

You have been one of many thousands of victims of the [problem] Unsolicited Reverse Bill Texts, though in your case it was worse as the network should have 'cleaned' the number before re-issuing it, more important as it was well before the 6 month min quarentine period.

The unhelpful treatment you have received from Orange is no different to what you would have received from any of the networks, as I have found being a victim of this [problem]. All the networks deny that this problem exsists and blame the customer, sadly as you will have experienced.

Google or do a search for 'Unsolicited Reverse Bill Texts/SMS' and you will see the extent of the problem.

I am pleased to read that you have been refunded the cash that had been debited to your account, I hope by now that your partner is well on the road to recovery and this agro is put behind you.