• Tweets

• Yes. They won't inform your employer but you may need to. You need to check what it says iin your employment contract. I don't think it usually causes huge problems for most people. HB
    • Good afternoon. I've read a few threads briefly regarding a dmp with stepchange and was 95% complete with setting one up when I noticed the advice of letting things default instead and/or managing a dmp yourself. My current situation is the following £470 owed to Jacamo. Has not defaulted. Currently on a £10 payment plan with them for 12 months. Not sure what to do here £2700 owed to Vanquis - Credit Card. Has not defaulted and I have not missed payments. I am unemployed and even making a £200 payment from my benefit means £80 odd gets eaten thanks to interest. Guessing I let this default and then set up a payment plan after? £2500 owed to Lowell who bought from Very and passed on to Overdales after I ignored them. Last payment to Lowell was 30th November 2022. Plan here was to fight them in small claims court if it ever gets that far, assuming the worst. Any advice is very much appreciated, thank you.
    • will they inform my employer and sack me?  
    • Ok, so they will look back a max of 1 year's record and ask me to tick which ones were used by me?  
    • Not prison, no. That has never happened here. I think they can look back a year on their system and you'll have something like TiredDodo did when they were summoned to court. With a year's use, I'll be amazed if you don't have a court appearance. HB  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sosumi is the sound of corporate whistling in the dark, a jingle for charmers who believe the right-on-ness of their ventures will erase the obstacles that affect lesser beings".

What does this actually mean? :confused::confused::confused:

I have had some news back from Equifax on archiving. I will see if anything turns up from Callcredit tomorrow and post an update. On to the ICO soon.

P.S. Sosumi should change her name to sosumi azhols. :lol::lol::lol: I liked the name Sosumi too. Took me about 6 months to get it though. DUH!

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I'm none the wiser! :Cry::cry::Cry:

Is this a wah?

[mac pedant]

Sosumi was the first system beep on Mac computers, though not, as the Grauniad incorrectly reports, the startup sound. It's called sosumi (So, Sue Me, geddit?) because of the dispute between Apple Corps and Apple Computer which resulted in Apple Computer agreeing not to do anything musical.

Sosumi is not however, as the Grauniad reports, the

, as any fule kno.

Sosumi is still in Mac OSX Leopard - I use it as my error sound.

[/mac pedant]

"Sosumi is the sound of corporate whistling in the dark, a jingle for charmers who believe the right-on-ness of their ventures will erase the obstacles that affect lesser beings".

Well I didn't know that and cheers for the info. It was interesting. This is what I didn't get though! :lol::lol::lol: I am still none the wiser... :Cry::cry::Cry:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Well I didn't know that and cheers for the info. It was interesting. This is what I didn't get though! I am still none the wiser... :Cry::cry::Cry:

Tell you what Reneg, I'm in it deep enough as it is, if I even begin to try and explain it will start a debate about my state of mind and no-one will want to go there.:p Lets call it quits shall we and get back to the thread intention and give poor ole Sosumi a breather? Poor gals trying to understand things herself and has a bad day now and again - I think I'm making it worse ! :D:D It was, just as a finality, meant to be a compliment ...now I'm saying no more...:D I'm off...:D

Yes andrew1 lets get back to what the thread is about, I will be selfish here and asked you to look at the reply that I got from Equifax and would be grateful if you would let me have your comments on it.

Jon has given me great advice as you can see from above but do you think I am right in waiting to see what they will come up with regarding an agreement which the OC lender say they do not have agreement save for old bank statements also there were no agreement in the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) bundle that I got from Equifax. Surely for Equifax to update my CRA file they would be in need to be in contact with the OC.

The letter that I posted above from Equifax was standard one as it did not have an original signature on it.

I am really confused by this and would appreciate on it. :-|

Yes andrew1 lets get back to what the thread is about, I will be selfish here and asked you to look at the reply that I got from Equifax and would be grateful if you would let me have your comments on it.

Jon has given me great advice as you can see from above but do you think I am right in waiting to see what they will come up with regarding an agreement which the OC lender say they do not have agreement save for old bank statements also there were no agreement in the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) bundle that I got from Equifax. Surely for Equifax to update my CRA file they would be in need to be in contact with the OC.

The letter that I posted above from Equifax was standard one as it did not have an original signature on it.

I am really confused by this and would appreciate on it. :-|

Hi Allwood, sorry for the diversion... I'm not exactly the best to speak to regarding getting Equifax to remove data mind you, What it appears to me is typical CRA lingo for " we do as our clients say" clients being the OC's and DCA's who pay them. However, that said, Equifax will not be coming up with any agreements and I'd suggest you take one stage at a time. I think you have to take each CCA request you have made to each DCA and throw the book at each one making complaints to their complaint procedure departments first, then to the OFT using the s77 CCA as your reasoning. 12 days 1 month criminal offence etc..and then stating that without it they should be processing the data and go on to the Information Commissioner. The agreement should come from the Original Creditors, The DCA's have an obligation to provide especially under the new legislation. It really is a pain in the proverbial with the likes of equifax, but you really have to thrash each and every one of these out with the individual companies. Not sure that helps you much..I just know from experiences of others how difficult getting this information reversed once it's on there and many end up threatening and taking court action before things get changed.

Thanks andrew1, there was only one OC and I S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them and they told me that that all the had was old internal bank statements going back to 2002 nothing else and I could not make hear or tail of them, I did not recognized any of it account number on them. When I got a letter from GPB solicitors threatening legal action, which they have sent to others I note from the board, they told me to contact BCW who were acting for Thames, I GPB and BCW last year. I got no reply from GPB but BCW sent me back my £1 stating that they would get Thames to send me CCA direct but of course that did not happen as there is no agreement according to OC.

Also I note from Equifax that they have been updating my CRA file that had reference to me making agreement to pay but how could they update this if there was not agreement in existence with the OC lender.

Then I note from my CRA file that Westcott and BCW has put trances on my CRA file and Equifax says that the Searches were in relation to an outstanding acct due to Tahmes Credit who act for Barclaycard and it goes on to say as these balances remain outstanding the searches cannot be removed.

Due to the last paragraph of Equifax letter maybe I should wait to see what the organization produce by way of an agreement.:|

I think I will also email the Information Commissioners Office attaching the letter that I received from OC and Equifax, to see what they say.:|

Edited by Allwood

I found the 'sosumi' sound - yes it was an old Mac alert sound, it's here:

Rule to Play Sound

... scroll down the page, it's just a blip noise... but that must be where I got the name from :p

Meanwhile, if these 'reports' didn't have such devastating repercussions on peoples' lives they'd be a very very unpleasant example of businesses knotted up together - credit, debt, banks, credit cards, storecards, debt collectors, private investigators, data trading, information as 'commodity'... It's nauseating frankly - and ludicrous.

Tip one way - a few pounds 'in the black' - and businesses will buy your information to 'target' you with their services - insurance, more credit, and all the shabby detritus that they inundate you with. Tip the other way 'in the red' and - well just look at this forum. Nasty grubby 'business' it is.

They'd like everyone to believe that everyone in debt is evading debt. They'd like everyone to think they're checking files to 'establish residency'... Yeah right.

Their day is coming.:mad:

• Haha 1

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

HI all,

Really informative thread and really long which just goes to show the size of the problem. I am really anxious to see what various DCA's have been up to on my CRA file. Votes please for £2 version or sar route. Not sure I want to kick to kick the sleeping dogs.

Your advice wouldbe greatly appreciated.

AJ:rolleyes:

:-|

Hi Ashleyjane :)

The forces of CAG are gathering to challenge the activities of Credit Reference Agencies - there should be a link on all of our sigs now, because Bankfodder's put it there. This has to happen.

I think anyone contemplating getting a copy of their Credit Reference Files should think seriously about requesting a full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

I know £10 is a lot compared to £2, but you are asking for all the information they have on you, unequivocally.

There is something I discovered only through SARing Experian and Equifax, that I'll post soon on the Legal Issues part of the forum. I'd not have known it otherwise.

CallCredit even calls the £2 request a 'Modified Subject Access Request'. I've yet to SAR CallCredit but will be doing shortly... but their title for the £2 file says it all, really. I don't want a 'modified' version of the information they have about me, and why should I? Additionally, both Equifax and Experian included my latest credit report as part of the SAR.

Hope this helps. Am a bit preoccupied at the minute ;)

Here's the 'Data Protection and Default Issues' section - VIP!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Thanks Sosumi,

Your right of course why would I want a "modified" report. I'll have to do them one at time - money being too tight to mention as the song says and if what you have received is anythings to go I don't think we have the room for all 3 at once.

What amazing amount of work you and other on this forum have put in. I fell humbled by it. Hopefully I can play my part by challenging my credit file. I will keep you posted and probably pester you for advice.

Again many thanks

:-|

Thanks Sosumi,

Your right of course why would I want a "modified" report. I'll have to do them one at time - money being too tight to mention as the song says and if what you have received is anythings to go I don't think we have the room for all 3 at once.

What amazing amount of work you and other on this forum have put in. I fell humbled by it. Hopefully I can play my part by challenging my credit file. I will keep you posted and probably pester you for advice.

Again many thanks

That's how it works AshleyJane, we all come on knowing little, people before us empowered us, we empower you, you empower others - great stuff..;)

If an OC has sold a credit to DAC would the OC have to keep some sort of a record of the purchase on their file for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) purposes. :cool:

I think they would have to otherwise how could they prove you now owe them the "alleged" debt

sparkie

Thank for that Sparkie, when I received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from barclays they only had old internal bank statement which I could not make head for tail of so I wrote back to Barclays inquiring if they had any other date on my and they confirmed that they only had the bank statements. I received my SAR from Equifax and they also had nothing about Barclays in it. However Equifax had 2 organisations searches on my credit file and they were also mentioned in the bundle from them.

I made inquiries about the 2 organizations (DCA ****) with Equifax and was told that the 2 company's search were in relation to a debt with Barclay's. I sent off the letters that I got from Barclays confirming that they had nothing more that the internal statements and the letter that I got from Equifax to the ICO for them to help me with this.

I have not got a reply as yet but when I receive it I will post it on here.:confused:

Edited by Allwood

Had a reply for DCA 'sorry' should have said CRA regarding searches on my file they said as they have not received any response from their 'clients' Wescot Credit Services they will removed their search from my file.

However they have not sent me any details of what BCW relied on to gain access to my CRA and their letter does not say that they have removed their search from my file. Will send everything to ICO to see what they have to say about it.:confused: