CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

;) There will be something I'm sure - just can't find the right words to describe it

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Do you remember, in the discussion about Credit Today's Debt Collector of the Year Award, how I mentioned a news item on Credit Today, which pictured Malcom Hurlston, about CCCS warning (rightly) that a loan company was trying to replace the proper link to CCCS in Google searches?

That news story has vanished.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

- Do you remember, in the discussion about Credit Today's Debt Collector of the Year Award, how I mentioned a news item on Credit Today, which pictured Malcom Hurlston, about CCCS warning (rightly) that a loan company was trying to replace the proper link to CCCS in Google searches?

That news story has vanished.

we'll find it! :D

• Haha 1

Has anyone seen this? :o:D It's a start.

It's from here: Darling predicts house price 'turbulence'

I'll quote from it:

... "The FSA needs to look at how it regulates banks and whether the alarm bells should have rung much earlier," Darling said.

He added that it should also be asking banks "what's your fallback position?" if repayments are not made.

"I think that lenders need to be clear that firstly somebody can afford to meet the repayments whatever they are that they haven't overstretched themselves," he said.

"We have got to make sure we have a far better surveillance system to spot these problems and take action to head them off."

And he said banks should not rely solely on the advice of credit ratings agencies, who should "simply be giving advice to companies", when making lending decisions

"People shouldn't think that if they [the ratings agencies] say it's okay, that it is okay."

'Message in a bottle'... ? ;)

And he said banks should not rely solely on the advice of credit ratings agencies, who should "simply be giving advice to companies", when making lending decisions

"People shouldn't think that if they [the ratings agencies] say it's okay, that it is okay."

Can i just point out for anyone who may not know, CRA does NOT stand for credit RATING agency, it stands for credit REFERENCE agency.

and as andrew says, they are not supposed to advise on individual credit files, they are supposed to supply the info which lenders use to calculate your score.

Paragraph 9 and 10 from here, the Daily Mail's interview with the Chancellor:

Exclusive: The Chancellor on the City

So, why would he say that? And if the CRAs are advising, what's that about exactly? CerebusAlert gave us a clue much earlier in the thread, linking to this post:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/74268-annoying-calls-01772551900-loans-2.html#post1117003

Remember the SCOR Focus Group that Experian was 'leading'?

Here's SCOR again, c/o the Council for Mortgage Lenders:

Steering Committee on Reciprocity (SCOR)

'governing' - not 'Government'.

• Haha 1

Had my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) response from one of the CRAs and was very disappointed not to find owt I didn't already know.

It basically contained all my correspondence with them a few bits about my ch alleges regarding rights the various organisations to process my data.

I suspect they have been selective provided me with only the data they wanted me to see.

Contained within my data was 3 letters from them to people unconnected with me, basically they've sent me data they shouldn't have. Open to ideas how I should play this.

I have emailed them with my concerns above & the fact of their error in sharing data with me and I await their response.

Also can anyone give me a list of what data I should be expecting from them?

The data only went back 2 yrs are they not supposed to send all data going back 6yrs.

Rgds

MAC

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Some observations; They'll get away with the unconnected letters by stating it was an 'isolated administrative error' so there will be little to be gained through the ICO on this, but you can strill make use of it. Return this correspondence and in your covering letter, acknowledge that you have recived your data and would like them to confirm that the information you have been sent represents the completed file with no omissions or exclusions. Ask for a statement confirming this.*** For good measure you can add that as the file only starts in 2004 (or whenever) you are interested in data prior to this date.

Regarding the SAR, this isn't time limited - they have to provide ALL data they hold. AIUI CRAs cannot provide data more than 6 years old, but there is a misconception that they delete it. I've been told they delete nothing, as a Data Subject you are also entitled to this 'spent' data.

*** This means is it ISN'T and they lie to you, the ICO can take formal action.

'admin error' - here:mad:

Did anyone notice the CRA named in that article?

Conar, my SAR came back with a list of contents:

SUMMARY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN YOUR DATA SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

CREDIT REPORTS

PREVIOUS CORRESPONDENCE

ELECTORAL ROLL INFORMATION

EXTENDED SEARCH INFORMATION

ACCOUNT NUMBERS

ARCHIVED SEARCH INFORMATION

MARKETING INFORMATION

CREDITEXPERT MEMBERSHIP DETAILS

'admin error' - here:mad:

Did anyone notice the CRA named in that article?

Conar, my SAR came back with a list of contents:

That article is just sad, how do we as human beings let these bu88ers getaway with it.

Come the revolution, lawyers (unless CAG), anyone who works for a DCA, bailiffs & estate agents are on the list:p .

I got the same list sosumi, I expected a lot more in the way of correspondence all that was in mine was letters 2 & from. About a third of it was duplications.

Maybe my expectations were too high:(

rgds

MAC

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Having got your SAR request back, you are allowed to ask for information about anything that you dont undserstand.

Now is the time to ask about defaults

If you have a default, you can ask precisely what it means

e.g. does there have to be a valid credit agreement in place first

should a warning letter have been received first

anything else that springs to mind (particularly later in the morning when brainis working)

Sleepy Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

Something is happening with Experian.

I've noticed a couple of websites aren't showing the 'CreditExpert free trial' ad now. I haven't looked at much, but I've got a feeling something's happening.

The BBC hosted Q and A session the other day - no Experian ad. Odd. Particularly as the 'advisor' was from Experian. Was it PR?

The Telegraph's Money page re. handling debt - no Experian ad. Instead there's an Equifax advert. Curious.

PS: Experian sent hubby a cheque for £4.00 the other day, out of the blue. No complaint form or copy of their complaints procedure, but the £4 they said they hadn't received - refunded.

Experian has at least seven companies, dealing with information gathering, and part of one provides the 'CreditExpert' 'service' for consumers.

I've just Googled 'Experian SCOR' and found this page.

Page 5 of this is interesting (CFC members probably seen it before).

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/download/creditlines12.pdf

I must admit that I have not followed the "white data" arguments at all. I am rather baffled though because credit agreements generally allow for the LENDER to check your file before offering credit and the monthly data they then send is for the benefit of future LENDERS who may need to make a decision (after application of course). I honestly cannot see anything that allows the LENDER let alone a DCA access to any other data on the file from the signed agreement.*

*meaning no access to other credit products/credit score

Random thought on free trials.

Signed up with CreditExpert (directly, no affiliate). Was told "we'll send you a second key by first-class post", around a fortnight before the postal strike. The thing eventually arrived around 3-4 weeks after signing up. By the time I get online, I have email saying they were unable to debit my card, and it seems my 30-day free trial was over before it had even been started. Cue nastygram...

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Hey that's funny - they haven't been able to take the payment from my card either and i definitely gave them the right details and there is money in the account.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I had the same problem with Credit Expert. Did you put your card details in on-line?

I seem to remember that their system has a problem with a certain type of card as it is a digit longer than the usual cards and their computers don’t recognise it. Can’t for the life of me remember which card it was now:D

If you ring them, you can give card details over the ‘phone though.

Equifax are now operating from the south of ireland and their number is 00353 539141157. I was talking to them there today regarding the entries on my credit report they duplicated entries and one entry that well over the limit for it to have fallen off as they are suppose to do. :???:

Equifax are now operating from the south of ireland and their number is 00353 539141157. I was talking to them there today regarding the entries on my credit report they duplicated entries and one entry that well over the limit for it to have fallen off as they are suppose to do. :???:

And have they agreed to remove them ?