letting agent cheeky request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm due to move out of a rented property in a few weeks and the letting agent has told me that it is down to me to make a copy of my keys to give to him (although he will reimburse me) so he's able to show people round the property.

Obviously I'm aware I have to hand my keys in when I move out but surely any copies of keys for letting agents should be supplied by the landlord?

Am I wrong or is he being cheeky?!

You dont even have him show people around if you dont want him to! What Cheek!!!!

If you do agree to viewings (you dont have to), tell the letting agent x2 two hour slots a week (say Monday 4 till 6 and Saturday 12 till 2?) when you will be available to allow himself and prospective tennants in to the property. You will require at least 24 hours notice (that someone has been booked in one of the available slots, and you need to be available). Ring him and tell him this, and then follow it up with a letter. Therefore there is no need for a key for him.

On the other hand if your fine with him coming and going has he pleases, then hes obviously going to need a key, so if your not willing to have one cut yourslf, you need to let him have it for an hour or two to make a copy. I for one would not go down this route!!

I wouldnt be giving him a key full stop, no way. Other than that, fully agree with Planner.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!