Cheddar Vs Cabot

cheddar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter rec'd today, postal order enclosed, saying they are not obliged to send me the CCA but have asked original lender to do so (how kind of them, my heart melts as i type).

And also oh so kind of them to send back the postal order....but, whats this? I sent an uncrossed one, now its got Cabot Financial scrawled on it...does this mean i can't cash it back? I wonder if they have an apprentice to do that for them all day?

I can't wait to hear from them again, but then again if they have no obligation, erm should i be dealing with them? Maybe i will have no obligation to ring them as they keep asking LOL!

Oh and oddly enough, its been 12 days already hehe! :p

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Cheddar, if you have the original Postal Order receipt you can take it back to the Post office you bought it at and they will refund it for you. If the Post Office was far away, as was in my case, then write to:

Postal Orders

Correspondence dept

Post Office Limited

No.1 Future Walk

Chesterfield S49 1PF

and they'll refund it for you. Mine's for £10 so it's worth it, but for the £1 probably cost more to send it back! :p

Tsk not sure if i have it, oh well is no bother to me anyways, idiots could have sent it back uncrossed or given it to charity (okay now im losing my marbles pmsl). Can someone clarify what an NOA or SOA is please :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

hehe okies well SOA - erm no i don't think so and NOA is that the same as a deed of assignment? and is that where they inform you they have bought the debt? if so then yes got that at the end of august. :D

Ex CAG helper ^_^

If you have requested a Statement of Account in your CCA request (this is free by the way), then Cabot are obliged to send it to you. This will show all the charges good old Cabot have added (a nice 400 quid odd in my case!)

.....and NOA is that the same as a deed of assignment? and is that where they inform you they have bought the debt? if so then yes got that at the end of august. :grin:

Nope - as far as I'm aware, the Notice of Assignment would be a copy of the original letter sent to you by Barclaycard advising of the transferral of your account to Cabot. I could send you a letter saying your Barclaycard account had been transferred to me - would you pay me?:D

If the answer is yes, then my account number is.........................:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...