Lloyds STILL haven't paid - three months on from Settlement Letter

Alma Matters
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping someone can give me any advice OR an address I can send a further letter of complaint to re. this.

Lloyds offered a settlement on 13 June and despite several attempts via phone and letter to get this paid they still haven't paid up. I last sent a letter of complaint on 13 July to which there's still been no reply. I also telephoned about 2/3 weeks ago and managed to leave a message - then I had a guy call me a month ago promising to pay it within the next few days and they obviously still haven't.

I thought that was it but it's not. I feel like this is destined to go on and on. I've read previous threads but they all seem to have received their payments eventually - ie after about a 3 weeks wait. This 3 months is just beyond ridiculous!

I was hoping someone would have an address I could send another complaint to _ although I did also last time, I'm saying that I will start proceedings if not paid by 14 days. I sent the last letter to Andover Customer Service Recovery Centre (got no acknowledgement) is this the right address or does anyone have an idea of anywhere else I can send it to where I may get a result?

Many thanks.

It was Lloyds themselves - I'm really at a loss as to what else I can do. Apparently they're saying they will honour all settlement offers but it's gone on for so long now and I can't get hold of them any way any how I think it'll still be going on by next year at this rate!

Sorry to be dense but what is this [problem]? I've no idea.

Hi Alma,

Have you gone through the process of letters as on CAG templates,

SAR, Prelim letter, LBA?

Have they made a full and final offer?

Are you going to accept their offer or reject it?

Don't stop the process until you have the money in your hand/account.

They are dragging their heals with the payment to put you off going to court.

Keep the pressure on and stick to your time limits as advised on the fantastic site.

Any questions keep posting.

Good luck

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

SC&M are the solictors for Lloyds

Sechiari Clark and Mitchell

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I went through all the correct stages as described on this great site - it's helped so much - and finally got the letter 13 June - an offer of a full and final settlement from Lloyds. They included 2 different sums for 2 accounts. They didn't ask if I'd accept (presumably cause it was a full offer plus interest by the looks) just said they'd pay up in 10 days. The first amount went straight in and the second (£240) still hasn't been paid in. They were both only 'small' amounts but it's like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get in touch with them about it.

So now shall I go ahead with the court proceedings? I'm reluctant cause I thought it hadn't come to that having the offer and everything but what else can I do?

Keep the pressure on them if you can.

They want you to give up and go away!!!

If it has been a long time since the offer and you have not heard from them then move on to the next stage and show them that you want your money. It is your money at the end of the day.

Good Luck

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

If the amounts is fairly Low I would advise ( if u hadnt already ) To go into your local branch with all the documentation and kick up a bit of a fuss - im sure they would be glad to just settle to get rid of you! I did the same thing i filed an MCOL Claim but they continued to charge me - all my charges that where added since i filed a claim where wrote off instantly i was only in the branch for 10 minutes!!

Thanks for that - I didn't think about going into the branch believe it or not but now you mention it its the way to go - I'm going to do that. I've lost so much faith in them tho from ow thy've handled this (and their call centres' incompetence) I'm sceptical even that'll work but it's worth a try!

Apparently it is college students getting temporary employment in the Andover Service Recovery department in the evenings they get paid £9 an hour to go in and process all these payments, however, they don't seem too bothered about getting on with it, not only that but it is impossible to get through on the phone, presumably because Lloyds don't want temp students answering their phones! I went into the bank and asked to speak to someone and was told that the department wasn't in that building and there was no one at the branch that could help. I only know this because I live in Andover and know of several students who are taking Lloyds for a ride!

So they made a concrete offer and you accepted, yes? In that case you had a binding contract which they are in breach of. No need to file a claim in the normal way (which may get stayed anyway), you can sue for breach of contract instead.

Have you still got their offer letter, and your response?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I have exactly the same situation as you, I am still waiting for lloyds to pay after an offer of settlement on the 19th June.

I went to court on 29th Aug, as was advised to carry on with court proceedings until I actaully recieved the money from Lloyds. The judge has given Lloyds 14 days (7 as of tomorrow) to pay or he will issue a judgement against them.

They are beyond useless and letters seem to mean nothing to them, I would agree with previous posts and commence with court action against them, this seems to be the only way to go.

Hi

Yeah, I still have the letter but no joy.

How exactly do I go about doing the in breach of contract thing?

I posted this as I feel it's pointless doing the court thing when they have already offered a settlement but don't know what else I can do. It's literally like getting blood from a stone!

N e joy??!!

None whatsoever!

So do I:-

1. do the court thing - I have a settlement letter - do I have to?
  2. go to my local branch - I guarantee I'll get nowehere but will try if it's worth it?
  3. keep trying to contact them - pointless so far but you never know I guess?

I don't know what to do for best. It's so frustrating.

If I didn't have an O/D with them I'd cancel that account. I've already cancelled one and gone to another bank.

Well people where always advised to carry on with the timeline until they have the money so prob do the court thing!! Also go to the branch, sometimes the most obvious things are efective and you have nothing to lose - goodluck

Don't file a claim in the normal way - send a letter saying that they have broken your agreement and therefore if you do not receive payment within 7 days then you will pursue legal action for breach of contract.

Here you go, this thread contains all the relevant information you need. There is also a letter a few posts down.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/89502-lloyds-tsb-sechiari-clark.html#post815028

If they don't pay come back and I'll help you with the claim form.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/89502-lloyds-tsb-sechiari-clark.html#post815028

Hi I've looked into this and it was very helpful however the big difference is that Maxine's claim / offer letter came from [problem]. Mine came from LLoyds TSB itself and I didn't have to send any agreement form back - just wait for it to be paid within 7 or 14 days. Which it wasn't.

Does the letter of settlement from Lloyds mean that if they haven't paid it is still classed as a breach of contract - can I say that - and about sueing?

I am also sceptical about sending yet another 'threat' or complaint to the Customer Recovery Centre in Andover as they're no use and of no concern to this (our amount is only for £240 - no great sum - it's the principle). If someone can please advise that'd be great - I hope to send the letter today.

Ah, so you didn't formally accept their offer? In that case its not a contract, there has to be acceptance before its binding.

Was there a time limit on it?

They didn't offer the choice to accept just said it was a goodwill payment a sort of one off gesture and that it'd be paid within 10 working days.

I managed to get through on the phone today and spoke to someone who was terribly apologetic, couldn't believe it was 3 months behind and said they'd sort it today. She said that it was because of two claims for two different account that it kept getting 'lost' behind the other - which has been paid. I know they will pay but they're so incompetent they just can't seem to do it unless it's straightforward. Funnily enough, I still haven't heard back from them and it's always engaged now.

So if I send the letter i can't say it's a breach of contract. What can I say instead - I've already said I'd start court proceedings but should I when I've had the offer? Arrgh it's so annoying!

Unless they pay up then I think you'll have to file a claim in the normal way. I'll check for you though....

In fact, can you post the letter up please?