Jump to content

Bill v hsbc


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

HiA question.I have issued a County Court summons to hsbc bank for a refund of charges. They have not responded. How long do I give them? What do I do if they don't respond?I have been in dispute with them for months. The County Court has isued them with a summons. I think they have got 14 days to respond. I know that if they don't I can issue a warrant of execution etc but not sure if this is appropriate in this case. I have a business account with HSBC. I have asked for a FSA waiver as failure to refund the charges will result in financial hardship ( I've got a disabled kid). My account was about £35 in credit but they charged me so much it went overdrawn and then the account went dormant ( I was unwilling to pay any more money in) but the charges kept accumulating at a very steep rate. They gave a verbal agreement to settle (if I paid some money in) and then reneged on it after I paid my hard-earned money into the account. All but £7 of the money paid in was swallowed up in charges. ATM then swallowed my card denying me access to this £7. I am pretty sure that this can't be legal.Thanks for any help offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once your claim has been issued, they have 14 days to respond from the date of issue (this date will be shown on your notice of issue that the court sent to you and it will say the date on which it is deemed served). Usually the bank will file an acknowledgement which gives them another 14 days in which to file a defence.


Did you file at a court or on moneyclaim online?


You should ring up court after 14 days from the date of issue if you haven't heard anything and ask if they have had a response from HSBC. If they havent then you should fill out the 'request for judgement' form that would have been attached to the notice of issue that the court sent you, send that back to the court with the fee and after a week or so you should get a judgement by default.


Unless of course HSBC file something in the meantime, which they often do and the courts usually let them get away with it!


Only if HSBC and their solicitors D&G have specifically requested a stay to the court and the court has agreed to it, do you need to worry about writing to request the stay to be lifted due to the financial hardship it would cause.


If HSBC haven't responded yet,then they havent requested the case to be stayed, so unless you have heard otherwise from the court, then proceed as normal and request judgement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have filed through mcol ther will be an automatic stay imosed on your case and you will have to apply for it to be removed. Please read the information in the threads in my signature.



Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.


Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act


New advice guide explains credit card rights


Help the CAG!!

Make a donation




Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?


Forum rules. Please read these before posting



Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...