Need some help with Natwest credit card PPI!

lesleyjane

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me -I'd appreciate any advice

I had a Natwest credit card (account closed Dec 2005). When I requested 6 years statements I noticed that I had been paying PPI which started in mid 2001 (years after the account was opened)

I never requested or agreed to this insurance. I certainly never enetered into a signed agreement for it. I wrote to them asking for a copy of my agreement. They wrote back and said that "the account details have been removed from our file, which indicates that the account has been closed for at least a period of 3 months".

I wrote back asking again for a copy of the agreement under the CCA Section 77/78. They did not reply to this letter.

I then wrote back asking for the premiums to be paid back.

I received a reply yesterday.

"We are unable to provide a copy of the agreement relating to this account. As we are unable to satisfy your request under section 78 of the CCA we are oliged to treat any outstanding balance as discharged and the credit agreement as ended.As you are aware, there is no outstanding balance and the agreement has already ended"

"The bank will not be refunding any money that was paid previously in reduction of your account balance, as there is no requirement to do so under section 78 of the CCA. Our position is that the PPI premiums you owed under the agreement were properly due and payable. PPI payments were debited on each monthly statment on which there was a balance owing."

I need some advice....

Natwest have not provided me with a copy of an agreement and have not explained why, on a finite date, these payments commenced when I had no knowledge and had never agreed to PPI.

What should I do next?

I am prepared to stand corrected lesleyjane, but I think that as they cannot provide you with a CCA you may be able to claim back all payments made on the account let alone the PPI

The fact that the account has been closed for some time may make a difference but I daresay that others on this site who have more knowledge will soon put you right.

Someone will probably shoot me down, but I also think that if you can prove you never asked for the PPI you will at least be able to claim that back.

Good luck anyway and I hope womone with more knowledge than me will be able to help.

maggiebroom :)

I hope someone can help me -I'd appreciate any advice

I had a NatWest credit card (account closed Dec 2005). When I requested 6 years statements I noticed that I had been paying PPI which started in mid 2001 (years after the account was opened)

I never requested or agreed to this insurance. I certainly never enetered into a signed agreement for it. I wrote to them asking for a copy of my agreement. They wrote back and said that "the account details have been removed from our file, which indicates that the account has been closed for at least a period of 3 months".

I wrote back asking again for a copy of the agreement under the CCA Section 77/78. They did not reply to this letter.

I then wrote back asking for the premiums to be paid back.

I received a reply yesterday.

"We are unable to provide a copy of the agreement relating to this account. As we are unable to satisfy your request under section 78 of the CCA we are oliged to treat any outstanding balance as discharged and the credit agreement as ended.As you are aware, there is no outstanding balance and the agreement has already ended"

"The bank will not be refunding any money that was paid previously in reduction of your account balance, as there is no requirement to do so under section 78 of the CCA. Our position is that the PPI premiums you owed under the agreement were properly due and payable. PPI payments were debited on each monthly statment on which there was a balance owing."

I need some advice....

Natwest have not provided me with a copy of an agreement and have not explained why, on a finite date, these payments commenced when I had no knowledge and had never agreed to PPI.

What should I do next?

Hello,

When did you open the account with the Nastywest???

When did the ppi payments start???????

What did you say in your letter asking for the refund???

They will argue that because the account closed in december 2005. They do not have to keep it, but I think under the limitations act they do, but again I might be wrong. They may not have the ca, but if they did, they don't want you to see it:o

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW