PaulGrif2671 vs HSBC

paulgrif2671
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went throught the long and laborious task of printing and searching through my bank statements last night for my HSBC account that ive held for just over 6 years.

I cant believe how much i have spent on charges over that time - £2135.50

Just one question before i send my letter, where it says i needed to send a schedule of charges, is that a copy of all my statements or a printout of all my charges ive listed on the spreadsheet ?

Thanks

Paul

Paul

HSBC - Letter requesting repayment of charges sent

Capital One - Letter requesting charges sent

Halifax - Pending

Virign - Pending

Egg - Pending

LIttlewoods - Pending

Amex - Pending

Abbey National - Pending

Barclaycard - Pending

it refers to a list of the charges only and the dates they were received, however its not required at this stage, so you can remove that part from the letter

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Ok, Thanks, letter typed, dated, enveloped, stamped, posted

Ill keep you all posted on the updates

Paul

Halifax - Pending

Virign - Pending

Egg - Pending

LIttlewoods - Pending

Amex - Pending

Abbey National - Pending

Barclaycard - Pending

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me out with this query.

Tomorrow would be the LBA letter day, but Ive recieved a letter today from HSBC.

In short - In order that we can considor your request please provide a full itemised breakdown of those charges to include date, description of the charge and the amount applied. Please also include any proposed new charges that you will have recieved a pre notification advice for.

Should I send them this, although surely they have this info anyway ?

Or should I now just do the LBA ?

Any advice would be great

Paul

Paul

Halifax - Pending

Virign - Pending

Egg - Pending

LIttlewoods - Pending

Amex - Pending

Abbey National - Pending

Barclaycard - Pending

Hi Paul

Would be very interested in keeping touch with you as I'm just about to go through my bank charges I've incurred with HSBC. The pasy six months it's been about £750.

I'll let you know how I get on and see if there's any tips I can pick up to pass on to yourself.

Andy

Hi Andy,

No Problems, Ill let you know how I get on, and where I am in the process, good luck with reclaiming your charges.

Paul

Paul

Halifax - Pending

Virign - Pending

Egg - Pending

LIttlewoods - Pending

Amex - Pending

Abbey National - Pending

Barclaycard - Pending

hi paul, ok what to do is send your lba off as per your timetable, but do include a breakdown of charges with it, if you're unsure as to what this entails then let us know ;)

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Ok,

The breakdown, Is this the information ive entered into the spreadsheet that was listed on this site ?

At the moment ive just listed the dates and charges not the reason's, do I need to include this ?

Thanks

Paul

Paul

Halifax - Pending

Virign - Pending

Egg - Pending

LIttlewoods - Pending

Amex - Pending

Abbey National - Pending

Barclaycard - Pending

Ok,

The breakdown, Is this the information ive entered into the spreadsheet that was listed on this site ?

At the moment ive just listed the dates and charges not the reason's, do I need to include this ?

Thanks

Paul

when you include it don't print off the bit about the 8% intrest as that gets added when you file a claim.

with regard to how you have listed your charges, just write them down as they are on your statement.

hope all goes well i sent of my lba on the 5th so were kinda on the same time line

The breakdown, Is this the information ive entered into the spreadsheet that was listed on this site ? yes

At the moment ive just listed the dates and charges not the reason's, do I need to include this ? no you dont need to tell them why, they already know ;)

Hi Paul, i am at same stage as yourself- spent tonight going through statements- have you counted everything under charges- ie monthly servioce charges ( 72 -125£) or just unpaid ddrs, bounced cheques etc- i am a bit confused at thsi point

hi people,

I've sent of my request for repayment of charges after receiving bank statements for the last six years but as I have been unable to get the spreadsheet (keep getting message that file cannot be found) I made my own but I only put the date, statement sheet number and amount. Do you think this is enough info? My 14 day deadline has not passed yet but it will be up on Friday. What are my chances of them replying asking for description of charges? It doesn't actually say on the statements. All it shows is DR Charges 27.50 etc... and doesn't actually say what the charge was for. (This is my husbands Bank by the way, mine is Natwest and they haven't even responded to the Data protection request yet!)

Thanks

Lisa x

007coot

that should be fine, i think they just want to know the date and the amount to be honest, as the description is a little vauge to say the least