Rhibox v Barclays

Rhibox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I'm a little confused......

had a letter from my local court today 'general form of judgement or order' stating...

before district judge ...... sitting at Carmarthen County Court etc

Upon neither party attending it is ordered that the matter be transferred to Cardiff County Court. Dated 05/07/07.

And ...

'Notice of transfer of Proceedings'

stating...

as a result of an order made on 05/07/07 this claim has been transferred to The cardiff County Court.

Why? I have had nothing from them since the first transfer of proceedings dated 02/07/07 with defence from B's stating it was being transferred to my local county court (Carmarthen) and whats this about neither party attending? I didnt know about it!!

Anyone know whats going on please?

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... same as then, just wait for a court date, yeah?

Oooh it got me a little rattled then I must say!!!

Cheers Saint!

Abbey - Settled!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok a little confused...

received a court date for Nov 14th and thought, 'thats ok a few months more, a bit more interest and hey give B's a ring and they will settle full amount as I have done this by the book'!

Now what the h£ll is going on...

1. Does this test case mean that I will have to go to court (which i'm well up for now as this has been going on far too long)?

2. Will my court case be adjourned/stayed (whatever) untill this testcase is finished?

I have been reading around on here and cant seem to find these answers, sorry guys if these questions have been answered.

Abbey - Settled!

Hi the advice is to carry on with your case as if the OFT case wasnt going .... ie do everything that yopu are supposed to to meet the directions given to you by the courts

At the moment there is work in place to produce documentation against the request from any stays that the banks ask for. All the courts at the moment are saying that its bussiness as usual

Hope this has helped

Saint :)

Has anybody settled full amount prior to going to court since the Test case has been announced? or have the banks stopped doing this?

Abbey - Settled!

There was one that I know of [Abbey I think] the claimant turned up at court with it..... but then it is early days yet, the settlement may have been authorised just prior to the announcement.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Yeah will have to wait and see how this all pans out to see how it affects all of us awaiting to go to court!

Cheers Dar!

Abbey - Settled!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a letter this morning 'staying' my court case.

What can I do what are my options?

Havent had much chance recently to read uo on all this!

Thanks

Rhi

Abbey - Settled!

morning Rhi...what court are you in?

Is the letter from Barclays or the court?

If it is from the court does it inform you that you do not need to attend?

you can request the stay to be lifted but this all depends on how independant the judge is, or if he/she is under the thumb like most of them.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Morning Dar!

Cardiff court and its from the court, but the letters at home will check tonight and post.

Cheers

Rhi

Abbey - Settled!

Letter is

General Form of Judgement or Order

Before his honour judge etc etc.... upon neither party attending UPON READING the file AND UPON IT APPREARING THAT the issues in this case are to be considered in litigation currently before the Commercial Court (2007 Folio 1196)

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The claim be stayed with immediate effect pending the ultimate determination of the Commercial Court litigation.

23. Permission to apply to lift the stay. Any application shal (i) be made on notice to all othe rparties, (ii) include reasons why this claim should proceed before the ultimate determination of the Commercial Court litigatin and (iii) shall be reserved to the designated civil judge (unless specifically relaesed by him)

3. Unless the court has given directions in the meantime, the defendant shall, upon notice to the claimant, apply for directions within 3 months of the ultimate determination of the Commercial court litigation.

4. The hearing listed for the 14th November 2007 has been vacated.

Abbey - Settled!

• 2 months later...

After all the fuss of the OFT case I have to admit I left this on a back burner, I'm waiting for the OFT case to go through, is this the right thing to do?

Anyone else doing this?

Abbey - Settled!

Some have put in an application for the stay to be lifted ....... however successes with this are few and far between with most judges being unwilling to overturn the stay.

So yes at the moment you join the long list of people who are waiting for the outcome of the OFT case

• 2 months later...

Hey guys!!!

Only just come back on here after a long time not thinking about this... any developements??? Havent heard anything, so I'm gonna start reading some threads now!!

Abbey - Settled!

Hi Rhi!

I'm in (and I'm sure others) in the same boat, the bug**rs like to keep us waiting!!!;)

Slick said on my thread to Koala, to have a look and get re-aquainted with the court bundle just incase we need to use it! I mean we probably won't but it doesn't hurt to be prepared!:)

Tori:)

• 2 months later...

Can someone clarify something for me please....

The longer this text case goes on the less charges I will get back (if it goes in our favour) as I can only go back 6 years! Or am I way out here??

Abbey - Settled!

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Abbey - Settled!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks