ENRON Vs BT

Enron

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just changed account into my name a couple of weeks ago, as the bill payer thought that they could use that to try and get out of any legal action - as the bill payer i'll be the person persuing the claim.

My last letter went out to them, thought they may not have previously conferred as my name wasn't the one on the bill.

Gonna give them 21 days at which point i'll set the ball rolling.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Enron, :)

Well so far nothing more from BT. It is now two weeks since the last contact when they assured me they would get things sorted and get back to me. So now it looks like it's time to research SAR non-compliance.

I seem to recall that this is taken quite seriously isn't it. I will post back my next move in the meantime if you have any suggestions please let me know.

It's another week for you - have you heard anything from your last letter?

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

There's something else a bit odd here (it might, of course, be my perception)

They say that they get their money later from non-dd customers, but they take the money from ALL dd paying customers on the last day that the bill is due and get the money a few days later via bacs.

Even if it takes 15 days for money to reach them from some sources, not everyone waits until the last minute.

They have their late payment charge for the late payers so what are they going on about?

I thought that these payment companies were set up to reduce charges (to the company) by taking some of the money that credit card companies charge for processing credit card payments.

£4.50 must be much more than it costs, even taking into account any delay at the post office etc.

dd customers still get a bill, they still need to talk to customer services, they still have bill queries.

Are they using this as an excuse for non-dd customers to subsidise dd paying customers?

Grumpy

So far nothing, sent a letter to change the account into my name which they've ignored by the look of it.

So guess next step is legal action which i'll commence soon.

Got a copy of their terms & conditions in which the offsetting is not mentioned, so think the whole £4.50 is claimable as a penalty.

They have asserted that the reduction of £3 in service charges offset the above figure. However people who pay by DD have also received this reduction, so I would assert that its an across the board discount for everyone.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 1 month later...

Any more news on this? Anyone know if anyone has taken BT to court yet?

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....