could this be covered or am I being stupid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a serious problem at work, whereby I am being treated unfairly, regarding a reconstruction.

I am at the stage now where I need to get professional legal advice, however I have been told to look to see if I have legal protection on my house, car or mortgage policies.

I have legal protection on my car policy, but here goes the question (please don't shout I am stressed out enough)

Would legal protection on a car insurance policy not just cover problems to do with vehicles?

Hey, sorry to hear about problems at work. You should probably try your household insurance legal services as motor applies only to RTA's and motoring offences etc.

Household legal generally covers a lot more such as neighbourhood disputes and employment disputes. It all depends on who the legal is with and who you are insured thro. They also wont look at a claim unless theres a reasonable chance of winning.

Hope this helps

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Have I helped? tip the scales

Hi Beanie1,

I do not have household legal cover anymore, I found it a total waste of time, I tried to use the legal side a couple of times only to be told "sorry" you are not covered for this issue..

So I felt that I was paying for nothing...

In my opinion most seem to try and wriggle out of taking a claim on, I agree with your comment of "they will only take on a claim if there is a reasonable chance of winning" you can never tell how strong a case is, what you think is a strong case may lose and visa versa.

I guess I will have to get myself a decent barrister, they are cheaper than solicitors as you can now contact them direct (Public Access)

thanks anyway

Hi can't you make contact with the union on site, if there is one. if not

Acas - Home should give basic information on your rights at work, there might even assist you in more depth if needed.

If you have a family solicitor there will also give general advice on many matters.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.