Excel 'Counsellor' help needed!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from a company called Excel who wish to send a 'counsellor' to my haome to discuss my borrowings with LTSB. I have a karge overdraft and a loan which I have missed payment on. I did ring LTSB a while back and ask them to consolidate my laon and OD and then close my account, I was refused. I first got into difficulty when my partner was injured at work and went sick, his pay went from over £300 per week to just £70. He was off for approx 6 months. I myself was unwell with depression for a few months.

Are these counsellors bailiffs? The letter seems very nice, saying they are here to help me and I should view the visit as a positive experience. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Marie

:-x

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who f**ks up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 16.08.2006 - let the waiting commence!

Papers received - calculate I am owed £3757.50!!

Prelim Letter sent 12.09.2006

No response to Prelim - LBA sent 2.10.2006

No response to LBA - completed Moneyclaim (too skint to send it at present)

These people have NO legal rights at all, but they will try and make you agree to what they want.

Best advice give one of the free debt charities a call for assistance.

Payplan, National Debtline and CCCS are all great and really easy to work with.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

That's a new one on me: calling their field agents "councellors". Good grief, are there any depths to which DCAs won't stoop?

Do LTSB still own the debt, or have they passed it on to Excel? You need to know who you should be dealing with. Don't ring them, but use the budget planner from the templates section here. You should send them a breakdown of income and expenditure and make them a realistic offer. Even if they're putting pressure on you, don't be pushed into offering more than you can genuinely afford. Do you have (or can you get) evidence from your GP that you were ill and unable to work?

Also make it clear in your letter that you want to keep everything in writing, and politely decline their kind offer of "councilling".

:)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

That's a new one on me: calling their field agents "councellors". Good grief, are there any depths to which DCAs won't stoop?

:)

Ask them if he/she's BACP registered.... lol. :D Joking. They've just used the word "counsellor" in order to conjure up an image of someone caring about your circumstances. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Have nothing to do with it.

I would also let them know that you are refusing their request to visit you at your property. if they get funny or do just turn up, advise that you will report them for trespass/harrassment.

They have no powers - best advice really is to either send in an income/expenditure sheet to Lloyds (or perhaps go into your local branch and go through it with staff there? They can sometimes be helpful) or go through one of the credit councilling organisations mentioned.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Ask them if he/she's BACP registered.... lol. :D Joking. They've just used the word "counsellor" in order to conjure up an image of someone caring about your circumstances. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Have nothing to do with it.

But remember, when writing to tell them to bog off, to be very Rogerian and ask how it makes them feel...

:D .... lol !!!

Tell me.... how did you feel when you were growing up as the eldest/middle/youngest/only child ?

Do you think that this experience may have drawn you towards working for such a muppet-soaked industry ?

Do you have compliance issues ?

:D

I have received a letter from a company called Excel who wish to send a 'counsellor' to my haome to discuss my borrowings with LTSB. I have a karge overdraft and a loan which I have missed payment on. I did ring LTSB a while back and ask them to consolidate my laon and OD and then close my account, I was refused. I first got into difficulty when my partner was injured at work and went sick, his pay went from over £300 per week to just £70. He was off for approx 6 months. I myself was unwell with depression for a few months.

Are these counsellors bailiffs? The letter seems very nice, saying they are here to help me and I should view the visit as a positive experience. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Is it this lot ?

Welcome to Penham Excel

or these?

Excel Finance

Just hate every DCA out there

And don't forget, they need to make an appointment... Which you are under no obligation to accept..

OFT Guidelines;

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

It might be an idea to print up a pretty trespass notice just in case someone does turn up un-announced.. ;)