home visits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could someone tell me am i right in saying that a debt collection agency can only visit your home if i personally invite them i argued the case from a little oik at moorcroft and he said they could but i disagrred

but i would like confirmation so if i,m right i can send him this e-mail

thanks

Paratrooper

Send them the following:

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

Yours sincerely,

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I had a chap from Moorcroft turn up a few years ago.... To my surprise, he was quite pleasant.... told me to hang on to all my payment receipts and all sorts. :eek: Must have been a one off though.... Either that, or he fancied his chances.... lol ! :D

The chap that you spoke to was talking bowlarks, naturally.... and you are not obliged to talk to them at all.

Hi there PT,

People are actually allowed to visit your home, for example, the postman, delivery persons and people asking for directions etc.

If a DCA knocks on your door you can simply tell him to "eat your s%"t and F%^k off!", if they don`t leave after you asked them 3 times it is then tresspassing and you should call the Police to have them removed.

You are also allowed to use minimum force to remove there bony arse.

Of course, should they start swearing and shouting at you, that can then be classes at verbal assault and you should officially complain.

If you read through the threads on here, lots of people have had threats of door visits, but these are nothing more than scare tactics to get you to pay. They will lie, lie and then errr... lie again to you. They are nothing but bullies and do nothing more than intimidate you into seeing the world through their eyes.

You should NEVER speak to these muppets on the phone and simply hang up and all communicate should be in WRITING only. Send each letter Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery and keep copies of all letters received and sent.

Could you possibly let us have more information on your problem? Someone may be able to guide you through.

You are not the only one dealing with Morecrap, I myself have received calls and letters from these knob heads regarding an alleged debt with Argos, but after I CCA`d them I have heard nothing since, no letters, no calls. In fact I`m getting bored now as I was hoping for a good scrap.

So, don`t speak to them on the phone again! I also wouldn`t e-mail them as they may SPAM you with annoying letters. Do it in WRITING and possibly a copy, so you know they get it.

I hope this helps.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

I would welcome them. It negates the threat bargaining power of these people. Tell them to come everyday . You don't have to open the door if you do not want to. Certainly do not have to give them any money. Let them spend their money on petrol to get to you if they like . You could open the door thou if you wanted to add salt to their petrol hit wounds , print out Rorys letter and hand it them , then close the door .

The only two doorstep visits I have ever had was by a sheriff's officer (bailiff to you lot) and by two messengers-at-arms (they turned up together) all were actually very pleasant, but then again these people and DCA's have nothing in common.

Remember Debt Collection Agencies have no legal powers.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I had a man from the council hammering on my door once because the neighbours had complained about our rubble mountain from doing loft conversion. I was terrified and lay on the bedroom floor for at least half an hour - I was convinced he was from a DCA. Not a nice experience. But thanks to this site I am no longer scared and would give them hell if they did turn up.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

A sheriff officer is is an officer of the local sheriff court. A messenger-at-arms is an officer of the court of session which is the supreme civil court in Scotland.

So if we take the english idea of county's, a sheriff's officer can only operate in their county (in reality this is a region) and serve warrant's etc in that county, where as an officer-at-arms can do that anywhere in the country, e.g. Scotland, as they are not bound by county (regional) restrictions.

A sheriff officer is is an officer of the local sheriff court. A messenger-at-arms is an officer of the court of session which is the supreme civil court in Scotland.

So if we take the english idea of county's, a sheriff's officer can only operate in their county (in reality this is a region) and serve warrant's etc in that county, where as an officer-at-arms can do that anywhere in the country, e.g. Scotland, as they are not bound by county (regional) restrictions.

So what do English Sheriff's do now? Tend to woodland? Maybe they talk about the good 'ol days when that guy Robin Hood was around.

And your point is Nitrious?