deedee1310 v Littlewoods & Capquest

deedee1310
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I have finally started my Littlewoods thread! I will try and summarise what has happened so far, since my first CCA request letter, sent in my early CAG days - oh have I learned a lot since then!

June 2007

I held two accounts with Littlewoods - 1 catalogue and 1 Flexible Account

On 12 June I wrote to Littlewoods requesting a copy of my CCA under sections 77-79 OF the CCA 1974. They had until 26 June to comply with my request. Needless to say they did not.

July 2007

On 23 July I received letters for each of my former accounts, dated 19 July, from Littlewoods. In one letter it stated that they would not be pursuing the outstanding balance but would note it on their internal file for future reference. The letter for the second account interestingly did not say that they would not pursue the account. It just stated that again the outstanding balance would be noted on their internal file for future reference.

At this point Littlewoods were a few days from committing a summary offence under the CCA 1974. I thought that this was the end of the matter - it was not to be

August 2007

Having arrived home yesterday 28 August, after a two week holiday, I find letters awaiting me from Littlewoods and Capquest. The letters from Littlewoods (one for each account) were dated 12 August and state that the outstanding balances were legally assigned to Capquest Investments on 12 January 2007 (really?!) and that all communications blah blah blah, should be directed to them.

Also attached to Littlewoods letters, were letters from Capquest themselves stating that they had purchased the debts from Littlewoods. I needed to make contact by 17 Aug or account would be sent to their solicitors. Funnily enough, their letters were also dated 12 August :-?

Well as I was away, I was unable to comply with this (not that I would have mind), so another letter from Capquest dated 24 August which is entitled LETTER BEFORE ACTION. I have until tomorrow, 30 August, to come to some arrangement with them. Well yah boo sucks to them!!!:evil:

If any of you have followed some of my other threads, you will know that I detest Capquest with a passion and that I am currently fighting them on another case. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/100456-capquest-ccj.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

I have composed a stinky CCA request letter to them details of which I will post later. It is an amalgamation of several letters that I have sent for various other matters and credit goes to the original authors, from whom I have borrowed excerpts.

So there you have it :shock:

Oh - forgot to add that whilst we were away, Capquest were calling at least three times a day, to the point that my brother-in-law recognised their number off by heart (he did not know who they were). I only know it was them because my phone logs the last few calls received. I called the number today and was greeted by one of their representatives. On their letters they put their 0870 number. Their proper geographical number is 01252 576 300.

Here ends my first post!

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Bad luck Deedee.

BTW the 01252, number is Fleet Hampshire, but it connects to their Scottish office.

Just thought I'd mention that for starters.

So Littlewood "sold" these accounts while in default of your CCA and they have since passed the extra month. Oh dear silly people.

Well I'm sure you know what needs to be done.

Would you like a Bog Off letter, as I recently have had dealings with CQ, well still do actually.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Littlewoods have been very silly as they have not complied with your CCA request. I would write to them pointing this out. Also point out that as the debt is in dispute it should not have been passed to Crapquest. If they have committed the summary offence then report them to TS.

As for Crapquest. Write to them pointing out the fact that the alleged debt is in dispute with Littlewoods and as such should not have been passed to them. Inform Crapquest that you will not be dealing with them until Littlewoods comply with your CCA request.

Hey CurlyBen.

I did wonder at the plethora of Scottish accents (I called a couple of times to make sure today).

I'm ok, just didn't fancy having to take on Capquest again :o . They are sneaky and underhand but as I know how they behave, I will do everything within my power to make sure that they don't get as far as the CCJ stage.

Littlewoods are in criminal default of my CCA request. I don't believe for one moment that they assigned by debt on 12 Jan. I think they have put this in to cover themselves. What do you think my next move should be? Should I report Littlewoods to Trading Standards (Consumer Direct)? My guns are still smoking from my last duel with them :p

I have sent CCA request to Capquest today, in the first off, to start tying them up.

Your opinions as always, would be greatly appreciated

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Littlewoods have been very silly as they have not complied with your CCA request. I would write to them pointing this out. Also point out that as the debt is in dispute it should not have been passed to Crapquest. If they have committed the summary offence then report them to TS.

As for Crapquest. Write to them pointing out the fact that the alleged debt is in dispute with Littlewoods and as such should not have been passed to them. Inform Crapquest that you will not be dealing with them until Littlewoods comply with your CCA request.

LOL ODC! Our posts have just crossed. At least you've confirmed to me what I had been thinking about, on how to proceed. Writing it all down has made me feel better as I felt discouraged yesterday. :D

deedee x

My threads

I should add that I have not yet posted letters to Capquest, so will amend them to include what ODC has just said about not dealing with them, due to Littlewood's non-compliance.

Thanks guys. :-)

My threads

Bad luck Deedee.

BTW the 01252, number is Fleet Hampshire, but it connects to their Scottish office.

Just thought I'd mention that for starters.

So Littlewood "sold" these accounts while in default of your CCA and they have since passed the extra month. Oh dear silly people.

Well I'm sure you know what needs to be done.

Would you like a Bog Off letter, as I recently have had dealings with CQ, well still do actually.

Curly I would love a copy of your bog off letter! :D

My threads

If Littlewoods assigned the debt to Crapquest in January why were they still discussing it with you in July. Littlewoods are in breach of the law by failing to comply with your CCA. As for Crapquest getting a CCJ. They have no hope without a CCA which Littlewoods plainly dont have. You have plenty of written evidence of the underhanded dealings of Littlewoods and Crapquest with regards to dates of supposed deeds of Assignment. I for one would not be shocked to discover that the Deed of Assignment from Littlewoods actually was typed on the same printer as the letters from Crapquest:eek: if you get my drift. A £10 SAR to Littlewoods will show when in fact this was assigned to Crapquest if at all

Sorry!!

Laptop when into hibernation. I am doing that "woman" thing where I am trying to do several things at once! I am setting up new print server and preparing to install our new router.

Will do so now. :D

deedee

My threads

hi ya Deedee just subscribing to your thread hope you don't mind........... funnily enough my fight with Ruthless also involves littlewoods and capquest as well ;) xx

hi ya Deedee just subscribing to your thread hope you don't mind........... funnily enough my fight with Ruthless also involves littlewoods and capquest as well ;) xx

Hey Manf!

Of course I don't mind. The more the merrier! so you had dealings with CrapQuest too? Looks like I'm in good company then. LOL!

deedee x

My threads

Curlyben, i think your pm box might just go into shock with all the requests your going to get for the bog off letters..:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Curlyben, i think your pm box might just go into shock with all the requests your going to get for the bog off letters..:D

Hi SSL. Long time! Yes Curlyben's pm has probably gone into meltdown, as mine has for N1 help requests etc.

Vinegarvera - welcome! I love your thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/111836-thank-you-card-capquest.html#post1095082. I was ROFPMSL happy0007.gif

My threads

Hi Dee Dee

Subscribing - you know how much I love my Crapquest friends:rolleyes:

Hope you enjoyed your holiday:) - pity you had to come back to all this!

Bo x

Hey Bo!

I did enjoy my holiday and it is a pity to have to come home to all of this but that's life. :p Yes I do know how much you "love" Crapquest. Your "love" for them is on par with my own. Hee hee ;)

deedee

My threads

Non-commercial agreements aren't covered by CCA smartie pants :p

Get them to sign a photoshop CCA before you give them any info. Better still sign it yourself and tell them its real and you are a baliff and will make them bankrupt and sell all their children to pay you

*Subscribing*

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Hi manf.

I'm exhausted! have come back from holiday (which had a nightmare end) and then gone right back into the swing of work. Coupled with getting the children ready for school, you've got one tired woman here :o

I have Curlyben's letter more or less ready to go with a few amendments to make. To be honest I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. The fight is still in me, my body is refusing to keep up.

Crapquest and Littlewoods can kiss my backside at the moment :p

How are things with you?

deedee x

My threads