Is anyone with payplan??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

l'm new to this forum, so hope l'm in the right area for this one :confused:

l've been with payplan now for about a year and a half. In total l owe £16,000. I've paid £1,800 so far. The thing is though, l email my case officer through, which seems to be a different one every month, and l hardly ever get replies.

I've recieved 3 letters today, from different debt companies. Their all saying that l'm in default of my arrangements. How can that be when l've been making payments to payplan to pay these companies :confused:

When l try to make contact with payplan, l get no reply, even if l ring them l don't seem to be able to get through??:mad:

Anyone had the same experience? Any advice will be helpful :)

Thankyou

Lou

Hunt around for template N in the letters section here and send it with a £1 postal order to all your creditors (not just the ones who are being difficult) - if they don't send you what you ask for the debt is unenforceable so you can play hardball with them. I have never used Payplan because I never plan to pay.:)

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Hi,

l've been with payplan now for about a year and a half. In total l owe £16,000. I've paid £1,800 so far. The thing is though, l email my case officer through, which seems to be a different one every month, and l hardly ever get replies.

I've recieved 3 letters today, from different debt companies. Their all saying that l'm in default of my arrangements. How can that be when l've been making payments to payplan to pay these companies :confused:

When l try to make contact with payplan, l get no reply, even if l ring them l don't seem to be able to get through??:mad:

Thankyou

Lou

Hi

I have been with payplan now for 2½ years and I am experiencing exactly the same problems, new case officers, no replies, so for the past few months I have been sorting my creditors out myself, with the help of all the great people on this site of course and have to date got 2 off my back only 3 left now!

So listen to the good advice from these people and you will win:)

Hi,

Thankyou

Lou

This is one hell of a long DMP - this will take around 10 years to finish?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi,

I know, but for now l've got no other options. l can't afford to go bankrupt, and to be honest l've heard so many negative oppinions about bankruptsy that its put me off abit.:(

It may well be that l'll hopefully be abit financially better off later on so maybe l'll be able to pay more of this debt off, who knows what the future holds l try and be positive.:)

lou

Hi,

I know, but for now l've got no other options. l can't afford to go bankrupt, and to be honest l've heard so many negative oppinions about bankruptsy that its put me off abit.:(

It may well be that l'll hopefully be abit financially better off later on so maybe l'll be able to pay more of this debt off, who knows what the future holds l try and be positive.:)

lou

Have you considered IVA? The yare not suitable for everyone but at least the yhave an end date.

The problem with such a long DMP is that creditors will get fed up and are likely tostart adding interest and charges again, so it will take even longer to clear. But you are heading the right way to getting debt free.

Have a read here

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Suggest you discuss your situation with National Debtline on 0808 808-4000 and CCCS on 0800 138-1111.

Both are charities so no charge, both have good fact sheets (ND is better).

]

Let us know what they advise.

I have a DMP with CCCS.

Vandermerwe

Yes l have, l've read all through the info on an IVA agreement, and l don't like the sound of them to be honest. What your saying makes alot of sense, and it would be ideal for me to do that, but with an IVA agreement, you have to pay alot more back each month, which l can't afford, and its alot harder to come out of the arrangement if things get even more difficult :(

I have got an end date, but its not till 2017 :eek: quite a way off! So here's hoping that l have some luck.

Thankyou for your advice though it all helps :)

lou

lou, I know where your coming from with Payplan.

Ive been with them just over 3 years & again my case officer has changed. I sometimes get the feeling that they are so overwhelmed with work that they cannot cope.

I have one particular creditor that is refusing to accept reduced payments anymore, threatening legal action by way of seeking a charge on my property. Payplan's response to my emails on this are, 'well we spoke to them but if you cant afford to make the full payments theres nothing more we can do'

All a bit worrying.

But folks here are superb, have a good read up & take their advice, Ive learnt a lot from this site & with the guidance offered here Im sure we will all see some light.

Lou, I'm a bit confused over your message #8.

I couldn't have an IVA agreement as I'm retired, but that's by the way, I also don't like the sound of them - and there's a middleman to make big bucks along the way.

With a CCCS debt management plan you (and they) work out what you can afford from £5 per creditor per month. Let's say you owe £16,000 to 8 creditors which is £2,000 each and you can afford £200 per month.

They take that amount by debit order on the 1st of every month and pay it pro rata to the creditors. In other words if one creditor was owed £8,000 and the other 7 £1,000 that the first would get £100 per month and the other 7 a seventh of £100 each.

For me it has worked. No charges by CCCS whatever. Only a few minimal errors. I can check my payments each month on line.

They insist on a budget review every 9 - 12 months as well.

And, for some reason, they keep the DCAs off my back.

If you think I'm being helpful, give my scales a click and I'll follow this thread. The scales, by the way, are the grey blob between the green dot and the triangle at the bottom left.

Don't even think about bankruptcy! And if you win the lottery you can pay your DMP off in one go and make a donation to CAG (God bless them)

Best regards.

Van

• Haha 1

I've just sent National debtline an email for them to contact me. Thanks for advice l'll let you know how its goes :)

lou

they do not make outgoing calls. all you'll get is an e-mail reply outlining your options.

give 'em a call, it's free! they are open until 9pm :)

Morning jga.

Thanks for your PM.

I'm replying here rather than with a PM as I believe my message might just have interest for others - please don't take it amiss.

All I wish to do is to set out the principles of my CCCS debt management plan, the most important of which is their insistence on pro rata payments.

I pay them £xxx per month for y number of creditors. Each gets a minimum of £z per month, but the larger ones get £z plus. CCCS does the calculation, not me.

On the (rare) occasions I have had a greedy beggar come along demanding more I've replied (template letter on this forum) that the allocations are made on a pro rata basis as used by the county courts.

That has usually shut them up (including DCAs) but I have one to respond to again today.

I lost my business 18 months ago, put my head in the sand until I realised the effluvia wasn't going to go away. Can't remember why I called CCCS, but I got a counsellor who, as far as I know, is still there for me, but once I had set up the DMP I've never spoken to the same person twice which, in my case hasn't been a problem.

There is also a fairly reasonable on line communication service.

jga you owe it to yourself to give them a call; it'll cost you nothing and the beauty of the 0800 number I gave you is that they set up a time and day for a counsellor to call you back.

Give it a go and please do keep us posted - the messages on this forum have helped saved my sanity and given me a good laff (as my friend Pete would say) - but then I enjoy gallows humour!

You sound like a genuine bloke jga and that (I believe) is who this whole site is for.

Keep us posted - PM again if you wish.

Best regards and good luck.

Van

I work VERY closely with BOTH Payplan and CCCS and have found both excellent, they both offer an identical service and I wouldn't say that one were better or worse than the other. However, it's not nice when people have stated they have found it difficuly to get through and I letter of complaint should be sent to raise the issue further up the chain.

Iand I wouldn't say that one were better or worse than the other. .

I don't think any of the major debt collection charities or companies can guarantee to give you a case manager who will remain your first point of contact throughout a DMP, especially not one of this length.

Ultimatly, all of the charities are slighly different in what they offer... in terms of what DMP's they will take on, and repayment schedules. Once the DMP is in place, almost everyone I know of seems to think both CCCS and PayPlan are both very good.

I always recomend National debt Line, as a first point of contact, because i find they are the only debt charity that gives wholistic advice... I believe their management company offers much of the legal training for the other parts of the industry, for example.

But once you decide to go for a DMP, i would guess CCCS and Payplan are both good options.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Lou

They are refering to the original agreement you would have had.

Im with Payplan amd have a loan which is being paid at a reduced amount.

At the end of the contracted term i recieved a default notice, because the loan had not been fully paid, therefore defaulted.

The DCA are not refering to the £1 a month you pay them through Payplan but the original monthly payment figure ie loan of £150 per month etc.

Hope this makes sense.

PKea

Morning jga.

Thanks for your PM.

I'm replying here rather than with a PM as I believe my message might just have interest for others - please don't take it amiss.

All I wish to do is to set out the principles of my CCCS debt management plan, the most important of which is their insistence on pro rata payments.

I pay them £xxx per month for y number of creditors. Each gets a minimum of £z per month, but the larger ones get £z plus. CCCS does the calculation, not me.

On the (rare) occasions I have had a greedy beggar come along demanding more I've replied (template letter on this forum) that the allocations are made on a pro rata basis as used by the county courts.

That has usually shut them up (including DCAs) but I have one to respond to again today.

I lost my business 18 months ago, put my head in the sand until I realised the effluvia wasn't going to go away. Can't remember why I called CCCS, but I got a counsellor who, as far as I know, is still there for me, but once I had set up the DMP I've never spoken to the same person twice which, in my case hasn't been a problem.

There is also a fairly reasonable on line communication service.

jga you owe it to yourself to give them a call; it'll cost you nothing and the beauty of the 0800 number I gave you is that they set up a time and day for a counsellor to call you back.

Give it a go and please do keep us posted - the messages on this forum have helped saved my sanity and given me a good laff (as my friend Pete would say) - but then I enjoy gallows humour!

You sound like a genuine bloke jga and that (I believe) is who this whole site is for.

Keep us posted - PM again if you wish.

Best regards and good luck.

Van

Hi

Thanks for this post Van.

Reading some of the replies after yours it seems theres not really much to choose between Payplan, CCCS & National Debtline.

I will take your advice though & get in touch with them, just to see if theres anything they can come up with that Payplan hasnt, keep all avenues open and that..:)

Ive just updated my own thread with my latest news HERE

Reading some of the replies after yours it seems theres not really much to choose between Payplan, CCCS & National Debtline.

National Debtline do not offer DMPS. They will refer a client only if it is the most suitable option. They also have greater training in legal issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a fairly old thread but came across it while starting my own about payplan. they dont have a clue. I have been with them for 2 years and they dont seem to know their arse from their elbow.

I asked for a call back a week ago. They have not sent a lot of info i asked to creditors. now they dont know what a CCA request is.

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

I'm just starting out with Pay Plan, will be paying £184 to start for the next ten years. Obviously I am concerned at what I have read and so far things have been perfect. They call when they say they will and most email's have been answered witrin 24 hrs. (tip with emails, send 1 a day as they only seem to answer the later email). I have been notified of 2 case workers who will look after my case. I also understand that people leave jobs and are replaced by others, so if I have the same case worker throughout, then I would be amazed. However considering how many of us are in debt and that to wait to see the CAB first is a 6wk wait localy, before getting referred on, I can see why PP are busy, plus they are free to use and my employers Benevolant Fund recommends them. There are others that are free and those that charge a fee.

As to the comment that creditors are saying they haven't been paid by PP, is a way of the creditors getting more money out of you, don't pay any more.

I don't have any worries about PP and am happy for them to help get me out of debt. I know my wages will increase and I know that in a few years time a secured loan will be paid off, this gives us more money to pay off the rest of the debts, reducing the plan time by a third a least.