Cabot and Ruthridge help for a newbie to this site

BTB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well its friday and guess what no balliff arrived to seize my mums house!!!!!! FUNNY THAT

Sent letter to Ruthbridge on 29th August and just checked my bank account and they must bank with the same bank as me as the cheque I sent for a £1 was cashed on the 30th August, the same day my brother received another letter from the lovely Jason Evans threatening Bankruptcy reckoning they have attempted to make contact many many times (whats that smell??? oh yeah i know bulls**t)

Even funnier is how they described what happens in the Bankruptcy procedure and guess what they've got that wrong too pity the rope they've got rapped round their neck wont strangle them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to take that letter to work and show the Official Receiver for them to have a laugh at

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see his (your Official Receivers) face - the amount of tripe these people come out with is amazing - I'm with you all the way on this one - if it really is a £20,000 debt from 1997 then it well and truely is statute barred, would it relate to any mortgage arrears because that might not be statute barred yet (12 years on land)....

Perhaps you could get him to draft a letter to the appropriate authorities stating the inaccuracies in their intimidating twaddle.

My brother doesnt even recall ever having a loan for that amount as in 1997 he was a relief pub manager and didnt earn enough to get that sort of money plus he has never owned property.

As for the bankruptcy thing I might post Jason Evans The Insolvency Service guidlelines..but then again he mite be dumb as well as deaf and mite find it difficult to understand...LOL

Well Well Well

Received a letter from Cabot this morning wow they're are quick only got the letter a few days ago ( do you think they've got some new starters on the job??)

Its from a laura Joliffe, it goes like this

Thank you for you recent letter, which was received in our office 30/8/07, this has been forwarded to me for response (more like someone passed the buck).

I regret that you have felt the need to contact Crabot (OOPS i mean Cabot) to express your dissatisfaction about the service you have received.

I understand you are unhappy with the manner in which Ruthbridge have handled this account on our behalf (no sh*t)and that you have requested any relevant documentation pertaining the above account.(funny they havent mentioned the fact that the £1 cheque wasnt in the envelope, silly me forgot to put it in theirs, but will send it recorded just in case they try to hold things up on that score)

I have made some preliminary enquries into your concerns and can confirm that we have requested any relevant documentation from Barclays, (he banks with Barclays and has never received any chase on this so said debt) however we have not yet been provided the same. There may sometimes be a delay in providing these documents, as the vendor may have to retrieve these from their archives (not my problem!!). Therefore we would appreciate your patience and cooperation on this matter. (whatever the clock is ticking)

We are currently (doing feck all) liaising with Ruthbridge regarding your concerns and will respond to you in due course (more like christ Ruthbridge can you slow down on harrassment as we cant keep up with these CAG letters)

I assure you we are investigating your concerns and shall aim to provide you with our response with 10 working days (HE HE this is like waiting for xmas sooooo exciting!!!!!). However, in the event we cannot respond within this time limit, we shall notify you as to when you may reasonably expect a response from us.

Please also find enclosed a leaflet, which sets out the process that we will take in order to deal with your complaint (got a feeling I will be using this at a later date)

In the event you remain dissatisfied (dont you mean the likelyhood) with our service and/or repsonse after 8 weeks from the date we received your compliant, (which is the 25th October 2007)you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, blah blah blah

This is better than an episode of 24 plus the theme time to it is so appropriate to Cabot and Ruthbridge

Seems like we are seeing new templates? She writes like Patrick Hill - perhaps they share same offices and he is helping her out?

the 8 week thing never means a thing to them - Patrick Hill gave us this twaddle way back in March - we still never heard what his follow up findings were.

Just keep giving them rope - and the inevitable will happen. Use all this stuff to build your case against them.

I'm beginnining to think the whole scanario can be condensed like this...

CCA Cabot Europe, and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) OC.

No CCA, (or unenforcable) so complain.

Wait out 8 weeks, or final response from Cabot.

Complain to FOS, OFT, TS etc

Send s10 notice.

Wait 3 weeks.

Complain to Information Commissioners Office.

Take Cabot to court.

Celebrate.

Having wasted my time in several months worth of communication with them, I now don't see any point in trying to negotiate or get them to see sense. They will just never admit they are in the wrong.

I'm beginnining to think the whole scanario can be condensed like this...

CCA Cabot Europe, and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) OC.

No CCA, (or unenforcable) so complain.

Wait out 8 weeks, or final response from Cabot.

Complain to FOS, OFT, TS etc

Send s10 notice.

Wait 3 weeks.

Complain to Information Commissioners Office.

Take Cabot to court.

Celebrate.

Having wasted my time in several months worth of communication with them, I now don't see any point in trying to negotiate or get them to see sense. They will just never admit they are in the wrong.

This sounds like the best plan to me!!

Cabot's have been quite comfortable in attampts to throw us all off scent with their irrelevant excuses about LoP and other excuses they cooked up. Seems no matter how reasonable we are in our communications with them - they simply won't give answers.

The only way to deal with them is with an N1 claim and make them answer in court. Let them waste their money on solicitors bills for their defence.

Personally - I have no intentions of trying to negotiate further with this company - life is too short to put up with this Cr*p. Let the courts deal with them I say - they have had every opportunity to put things right after all.

• Haha 1

even though Ruthbridge have had my letter stating no corres vis the telephone would you believe they rang the house but didnt speak just hung up when my mum spoke, when she did 1471 it was their number..Is this another ploy they use??

close as or try to confuse em by sendin it to kings hill, by the way, i would let the bailiff round to your mums, just so i could tell him to F.O if ignored by LAW u can boot em off property but hey thats just me :) any excuse to boot a DCA/bailiff up are with me steel toe cap boots

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

hehe is this where the D.P.A comes in, if u get calls dont acknoledge your name, just ask who is calling, if they dont ask 4 verification that breach of DPA, if they ask for verification just say NO (i dont give out personal info over phone) usual reply is "well i can't speak to you then" you relpy "ok is there anything else i can help you with" reply "no" you reply " ok then thank you very much for your phone call, goodbye/night" then hang up

play em at their own game, it winds em up more :p

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Or ask THEM some security questions. Name, credit card number, PIN, shoe size, address, married, why not, what's wrong with you, what makes you think girls find you unattractive, have you tried toothpaste, no I don't think "do you swallow" is an appropriate question on a first date. . . etc, etc.

I'm sure you can think of many more "personal" questions of your own. :lol:

Or ask THEM some security questions. Name, credit card number, PIN, shoe size, address, married, why not, what's wrong with you, what makes you think girls find you unattractive, have you tried toothpaste, no I don't think "do you swallow" is an appropriate question on a first date. . . etc, etc.

I'm sure you can think of many more "personal" questions of your own. :lol:

HA HA HA HA - we should form a list of questions to ask them - their faces and tones would soon change wouldn't they? Can you see them going back to their supervisors and explaining why they've not hit targets this month ha ha ha

Uncle Kenny would be real madder & badder ha ha

we should have a DPA list of questions according to Caggers - this would really mess these call centre staff up? they'd never be smart enough to out think us - they aren't paid to have "brains" are they? :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Right the 12+2 days are up tomorrow for the CCA which I sent to Ruthridge and Cabot.

Whats my next step...

S.A.R to Barclays?

any further letters to Cabot and Ruthridge??

• 1 month later...

Story so far...

Cabot took no notice of my brothers new address and sent a couple of letters saying we are still trying to gather info,, please bear with us rubbush.

barclays wrote 3 weeks ago to my brother at his old address to say they will try and comply with the S.A.R as yet still nothing

Then on 26/10/07 he received a ltter from Cabot at his new address!!! stating the following..

"I regret that you have felt the need to contact Cabot to express your dissatifaction about our agents Ruthbridge. I am disappointed that Cabot has not been able to satisfy your concerns on previous occasions.

Cabot has previously supplied you with interim responses and i shall set out our final position in relation to this below...

I underwstand you have requested further documentation relating to the above account and you are also unhappy with the manner in which Ruthbridge have handled your account.

the Cabot group purchased your account, which relates to a Loan and a bank account, from Barclays on or about 24 april 2003. Teh cabot group the assignee of your account, is entitled to coolect the outstanding balance on your account and also enforce the original ters of the credit agreement. Although Cabot does not have an obligation under section 77 and/or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to supply information, Cabot will assist customers in order to provide information. cabot does rely on the original lender to provide information in order to assist with your enquiries.

cabot has requested a copy of the agreements from Barclays Bank. However, as the account was opened in 1997, Barclays Bank no londer holds this documentation. Please be advised that under section 78 of the CCA 1974 it states "the credtior...shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any)" and stress the words "if any".

Notwithstanding, barclays Bank has provided Cabot with copies of the relevant statements for the relevant loan and abnk account, which I have enclosed. Both statements clarify the outstanding balances that were assigned to Cabot.

You have stated that you do not acknowldge any account held by the Cabot Financial Group. However, when Cabot Financial (UK) Limited (formeryl Kings Hill(No.1) Limited) purchased your account, Barclays Bank sent a letter to you confirming the assignment of the abopve account. For your ease of reference, please find enclosed a reproduction copy from Barclays Bank. Please be advised the Cabot is not obliged to supply you with the Deed of Assignment as alleged by you.

I am disappointed that you are unhappy with the manner in which Ruthbridge has handled your aco****. in the circumstances Cabot can only apologise if you personally felt that you were not treated in a manner, which you would expect. Cabot are a company, which has set high standards, which we expect, from agents acting on our behalf. Therefore it is regrettable, in this instance, if you have felt Ruthbridge has not met these standards.

I can confirm that the current outstanding Balanceon the above account if £***** and I would respectfully recommend you contact Ruthbridge, witrhin 14 days , on 0203 734 3500 to discuss the available options in order to settle the above account. i must inform you that we require you to cooperate in resolving this account and if this does not transpire, Ruthbridge reserves the right to escalate the account thourgh their collection procedures.

in relation to you concern regarding the processing of your data, cabot is legally entitled and obligated under the original agreement anf under the Data Protection Act to process information and also to report to the credit reference agencies. We disclose information to credit reference agencies about customers conduct of their accounts because that disclosure is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us, other members of the credti industry and the credit reference agencies. Credit reference agencies hold such data ad disclose it to prospective lenders because that is, simply, necessary for the purposes of the same legitimate interests.

I trust I have set out our position clearly. However, if you remain dissatisfied with our final response, you may bring the complaint to the attention of the Financial Ombudsman Service, within 6 months of this letter, who may investigate the same.BLAH BLAH BLAH

The upshot of this is

Yes they have included a so say reproduction letter from Barclays but it isnt on Barclays normal headed paper, it isnt dated and the address quoted for my brother is my address which he only told Cabot he was living at about 3 months ago (so how would barclays of know that in 2003 when they wrote the letter) In fact the reply from barclays about the S.A.R was sent to his old address as Barclays said they can only write to the address that is held on their system......

It doesnt look like a photocopy more like someone has tried to make it look like an orginal..Funny really as the Cabot's last to letters have been to his old address.

The statements Cabot talk about have been included but they look like Ledgers from Barclays, on a loan and a bank account (the ledger shows these accounts as closed in Feb2002) but they arent actual agreements and also on them I can see no outstanding balance of the amount Cabot are quoting so I assume the have whack thousands of pounds in charges on.

More strange is the fact my brother has banked with Barclays for well over ten years and is currently has a Bank account, which is his main account, with them now and they have never chased him for any of these debts

So guys whats the next step????

Cheers for now

BTB

Makes no difference what they think. Yes, they may have the right to politely ASK for the debt to be repaid. But as they have stated, there IS no agreement, so they can't ENFORCE any previous debt. Notwithstanding, they also can't prove that any info relating to the amount of any purported debt is accurate, as there appear to be some statements that have been "mislaid".

This goes from not just telling Cabot to feck off because there is no evidence of a debt, merely that an account was in place, to complaining to Barclaycard for their selling of a debt that they cannot show existed in the first place. BOTH companies should really be the subject of a moan to the FOS, but invoke Barclaycard's complaints procedure first. Cabot have given you their final say in the matter, so you can complain about them now.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a huge bundle of Barclay stuff from request for S.A.R..Loads of statements, no CCA and surprising no letter explaining debt was sold even though Cabot have included a copy in their stuff.

It looks from the Barclays stuff that no payment has been made since Jan 2002. So now in 3 months time the debt, I assume, is statue barred plus no CCA is it likely they have a chance to get monies back..

Part of the debt apparently is from a bank account, is that treated any differently i.e.CCA? The strange thing is we still bank with Barclays!!!!

On what grounds can I complain to barclays because as far as they are concerned the dent is no longer theirs and what will Cabot do next, do i inform them that I have complained to the FOS?

No surprises there then. Pretty much what I got back from BC, except I only got 6 years worth of statements. No way for them to prove how they arrived at the figure they defaulted me on, but plenty of ammo for me to argue about the interest they applied without an agreement. Did they say in the included letter that this was ALL they hold about you?

You have plenty of cause for complaint. If they have NOT supplied everything the hold, then they have NOT complied with the DPA. And if they managed to get a copy of your application form to Cabot, quite clearly someone is lying. If Barclaycard DON'T have a copy to send you, then where did Cabot get a copy? And if Cabot had it all along, their templates stating they have to get the original creditor to supply it, is total bollix.

I've a complaint in with Barclaycard about this very thing. I've had a letter saying they are investigating. But that's all so far. They'd better get a move on, otherwise they'll be getting reported to all and sundry. I think I'll need to see them in court if that has no effect.

It's all coming together nicely. BC investigating, Cabot reported (again) to the ICO yesterday, and folks are helping me get my small claims form filled in to get Cabot to comply with my s10 notice if the ICO has no luck.

All in all, it looks like being a busy few months ahead. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Right guys help needed..

Goin to write letter of complaint against Cabot, has anyone got any guidance as to the layout of the letter??

I complained to ruthbridge but have never received anything back from them concerning my compliant, can I complain to the financial bods at same time about them even though I've been unable to exhaust their complaints procedure??

Also

Have received 3 identical letters from Cabot stating the following

Your Cabot account

We'd really prefer to discuss your account by telephone but we'll agree to your request to write inswtead as long as you co-operate with us.

Please write to us with a clear statement ot your proposal for repaying your account. You also need to complete the enclosed Budget form and send it with your letter. This will help you give us the information we need in order to consider your payment proposal. If you prefer, you can use the online Budget form at Cabot Financial

If we don't hear from you

If you don't send us your Budget form and payment proposal within 28 days we'll have no alternative but to resume our telephone procedure, using any number available to us.

So my question is....

Can they start calling my mother's house phone again even though they have been requested not to or shall I re-issue that letter again??

Shall I write to them explaining that I have complain about them to the Financial Odbusman and will not be filling in any Budget forms or payment proposals??

Secondly

By mid Feb next year it will be six years since any payment was made on this debt so am I right in thinking it will be Statued barred?? and as no CCA has been made available from Barclay or Cabot where do we stand in a court of law??

What will Cabot's next step be??

Cheers