• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot and Ruthridge help for a newbie to this site

BTB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well actually help for my brother, but he has no access to a PC or internet!!!

My mum received a phone call 2 weeks ago asking if my brother lived there as they had a parcel to deliver!! Of course my mum said yes and waited in patiently for a week waiting for it to arrive.

However a week ago a letter arrived 2nd class from Ruthridge stating without predujice saying he owed over £20,000 but it had no reference number or who they were acting for.

My dad rang them and delibrately gave them his own D.O.B and they didnt even query it but said they were acting on behalf of Cabot. My brother doesnt recall even having any debt with Cabot though when he got into financial difficulty in 2000 he had a £6000 loan with Barclays which he thought had been dealt back then. He even banks with Barclays now and he has not received anything in the last 7 years to chase for this debt.

Anyway I did a google search and found this amazing site and of course a huge topic on Ruthridge and Cabot and there is sooo much to read so basically could someone kindly point me in the right direction of what steps need to be taken and when i.e. what letter to said and when

Im havent got up to speed yet with all the abbreviations..

I really want to have some fun with these pigs as I dont want them turning up at my mums' house and causing her distress as she is elderly and is already worrying about this.

Ive recently started working for the Insolvency Service and have tried to reassure my mum what Ruthridges limitations are on turning up at her house etc and also aware that they cant just make my brother Bankrupt but I deal with debts after the event of Bankruptcy not before so my knowledge is very limited, although I have offered to let my mum have my 2 rottweilers for a while, would be great to see the con men turn up with my two boys sat at the door

:razz:

Any guidance would be greatfully received and I will keep you updated on the fight

Cheers

Badtastebear

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, first thing is, tell him NOT TO WORRY.

What he needs to work out is, has he at any time, made any payment or otherwise acknowledged a debt since 2000? No? That sounds about right.

Cabot will be aware that this debt is very likey to be statute barred. So what they have done, is pass the collection part on to Ruthbridge, who have even less scruples than they do. In other words, Ruthbridge don't care if the debt is no longer collectable, they will just use unlawful bully boy tactics to try to scare your brother into paying up.

They WILL keep phoning, and my advice is, as soon as he knows it is them on the phone, either put the phone down, or sit it beside the telly or radio. Under NO circumstances must he talk to them. He then needs to write to them, demanding that ALL communication is to be in writing only. There is a template for this, so just ask if you can't find it.

Next, he needs to send a letter asking for a copy of the original agreement, emphasising the he does not acknowledge any debt whatsoever. He must enclose £1, and MUST stipulate that this is to be used only to satisfy his obligation whilst requesting his agreement. This is the CCA letter.

Ruthbridge will do absolutely anything to intimidate him. So he must be prepared to fight back. But at no time must he even verbally agree or pay anything whatsoever. They WILL try to get the 6 year period started again. He'll also need to be prepared to make an awful lot of complaints to the various regulatory bodies.

Just to emphisise the point. Ruthbridge are a bunch of lying, cheating, bullying feckers. And there is documentary evidence to back that up, just in case any MIB are wondering.

If you need any help at all, just keep asking. There is no such thing as a stupid question and we've all been there.

Not that you'l need it, but Good Luck. ;)

On top of Seahorses good advice I would recommend your brother gets a copy of his credit reference agency reports they cost £2 (from experian, equifax and call credit)

If he has moved addresses within last 6 years he should show them the previous addresses so they are certain to send correct reports relating to your brother.

As you'll be aware this will allow your brother to see exactly what is going on and who is writing data about him etc.. - he can then get irrelevant stuff removed etc..

Ruthbridge will do absolutely anything to intimidate him. So he must be prepared to fight back. But at no time must he even verbally agree or pay anything whatsoever. They WILL try to get the 6 year period started again. He'll also need to be prepared to make an awful lot of complaints to the various regulatory bodies.

. ;)

Seahoss, as always, is spot on - but just as a reminder...Once a debt is statute barred, it stays statute barred - even if a payment is made. I expect Ruthbridge will lie about a payment having been received in 2003 or something- that's their normal tactics.

Tell brother not to worry- we're here to help and no-one's going to turn up on your mum's doorstep..

There's a lot of us trying to spread the word about the likes of Ruthbridge and Cabot- and the unlawful/illegal way they allegedly go about their business. It's people like your brother - who have no interent access- that we hope to educate. There are about 1.5 million people we would like to advise about Cabot--still, doesn't matter if it takes a few years, we're quite happy taking baby steps for now :)

• Haha 1

Just hate every DCA out there

My dad rang them today and spoke to a Jason Evans who was extremely nasty over the phone, stating the baliffs would be attending my mums house on Friday and they will sell her property (what a load of rubbish plus its a council house!!!!!!) and in the end Jason Evans slammed the phone down when my dad asked for a copy of the contract as he said I'm not doing that. Jason did however state that the £20000 loan was orginally taken out in 1997 however my brother took no such loan out around that time or has been chased or made any payment for any such loan. I will do a credit search in a mo.

No more phone calls, but keep a diary of in and outgoing calls. Jason evans has committed an unlawful act by discussing this with your father. Breach of DPA and all that. Same goes for earlier contact.

Keep it all logged as evidence for when it is reported to the Information Commissioner's Office. ;)

It really is about time these lying eejits lost their licence.

Im going to put in the letter to them that my brother now lives with me so not to worry my mum as she lives in Gloucester and Im in Reading. Im all up for a fight!!!

Where do I find the templates for the necessary letters??

Hi BTB,

Follow the advice given on here and it will help your brother, i have been fighting ruthbridge sine July and sent all the letters and nothing just more phone calls which is ok because i record all of the messages they leave me and make sure you keep all the letter they send your brother, make sure you send all the letters to them recorded delivery because you can track it and print who signed for it and when it was delivered.

Cabot are now the owner of the account. They are employing Ruthbridge to do their dirty work. So stick with CCAing Ruthbridge for now. Barclays no longer own the account, although technically, as Cabot say they have not been assigned any duties, that must mean Barclays are still obliged to respond.

Hmm. CCAing them would set the cat amongst the pigeons. ;)

I did mine to Ruthbridge because they are the ones asking for the money, i also sent it to cabot after the 12 + 2 days had passed as ruthbridge had not provide the CCA, I would send a S.A.R to Barclay's to get all the information they have regarding your brother

Right then I will

1) Do a CCA to Ruthbridge

2) CCA to Cabot after 12+2 days

3) At same time do a SAR to Barclays..

Where do I find these letters has anyone got the link??

It does seem really odd that its Barclays as my brother has banked with them for years and still does to this day and they have never chased him or took funds from his account!!

Looks like Ruthridge is very small time as its only worth £75,000 and only have about 20 staff plus they're arent registered as being at an address in twickenham..Im very tempted to phone Jason Evans up and ask him to confirm his address as there's a parcel that needs delivering..Do you know its amazing how much dog poop 2 rottweilers produce :p

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html you need letter N on list it is £1 and do remember to send recorded delivery so you have proof of delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html SAR Letter is in here costs £10 also send recorded delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html you need letter N on list it is £1 and do remember to send recorded delivery so you have proof of delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html SAR Letter is in here costs £10 also send recorded delivery

Brilliant thanks for that...This is going to be FUN:p :p :p :p :p

ive done a letter to Ruthbridge and done it with 3 points

1st Asking for the CCA

2nd Querying the usage of my data by them without consent

3rd Covering the harrass and doorstep calling and now all future

corres to be in writing

Is this OK??

ive done a letter to Ruthbridge and done it with 3 points

1st Asking for the CCA

2nd Querying the usage of my data by them without consent

3rd Covering the harrass and doorstep calling and now all future

corres to be in writing

Is this OK??

Dont forget to write at the top of every letter "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY" -- and don't sign the letters with normal signature!!

Dont forget to write at the top of every letter "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY" -- and don't sign the letters with normal signature!!

Cheers for that you must of read my mind, as I knew Id missed something out!!!

Im going to send a letter to Cabot too making a complaint about their employment of Ruthbridge

rock n' roll yeehaaaaa

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Go for them, I.m currently being chased for something which will be statute barred this September and am ignoring all mail form various companies. I now have a list (thanks to this site) of which companies use which PO box addys and am not replying. I fully believe that if a DCA contacts you about a debe they should include the last bill or statement you received from said company... wouldn't that put the cat amongst the pigedons.....

Im going to send a letter to Cabot too making a complaint about their employment of Ruthbridge

I woiuldn't bother - wasting both your time and your money on a stamp- be like talking to a brick wall...If you want to do anything, then write to Cabot and tell them you want to make a complaint to OFT and FO about them (cabot) and their use of a company who operate illegally (allgedly)--so could they forward you a copy of their complaint proceedures, although those are in Seahorse's blog.. ;-)

I woiuldn't bother - wasting both your time and your money on a stamp- be like talking to a brick wall...If you want to do anything, then write to Cabot and tell them you want to make a complaint to OFT and FO about them (cabot) and their use of a company who operate illegally (allgedly)--so could they forward you a copy of their complaint proceedures, although those are in Seahorse's blog.. ;-)

Basically thats what ive done..as they say every little helps plus Ive got a very big spoon and just love stirrin......I just love the thought of winding these scr0ts right up!!!!!hehehe hehehe....

I must say that as yet I havent seen any Bankruptcy case come in, that i've seen, that have been instigated by Ruthbridge Limited which says something about their threats.....EMPTY