• Tweets

• I have done a separate letter and form for each of the 3 debts and kind of ignored the Vodafone one for now    Thanks 
    • please refrain from posting blocks of text...use sentences and line spacing .... i notice your 1st post had been spaced and ive done your last three.... this is not facebook....its a forum. ........... it does matter how long BS takes i would cease payments now and a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF. they don't own your debts so can do NOTHING!! slow down and calm down , 4 post in 5 mins is no good. Debt management and Debt self-help - Consumer Action Group click the above link and go read a good 20+ thread in the above forum and all your questions will be answered  if you have any outstanding  then please post with them later. everything is explain in numerous thread already here for you to understand at your own pace. there is not rush to do anything today or the next 10days bar simply stop paying. though as explained in my last post, whichever way you go not pay will equal a default which will trash your credit file for 6yrs so the quicker you stop the quicker they will vanish . dx  
    • The funds were taken by eBay, rather than Paypal.  I presume Paypal collects the funds from eBay, and so eBay then sting me for the money.   But either way, before this money was taken from my account, my eBay account balance showed as -£85.  Yes, my bank account has been debited by this amount. eBay say that they are completely removed from the chargeback process, because it is carried out by the buyer's financial institution.  So, conveniently, they cannot help, other than by refunding the chargeback fee of £14. 
    • Perfect, thanks for the detailed response. One question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied? Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work? Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place? I mean what does "Default" mean.  After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen? I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment. Sorry for the many replies but after doing a quick search, correct me if I am wrong. If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim? and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made? Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score? or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.
    • there isn't one yet use the default mentioned already there. that covers all 3 debts as i assume the PAPLOC is for all 3 debts? dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hello!! .. Petris against NatWest

Petris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am about to sent my SAR for my current account and most of all for my credit card.

Do I do one SAR with one £10 check, or do I need to do two SARs one for each account... and two checks of £10 each.

Please advice.

... this is a great discussion group.

what brought me here is Nat West arogance. I payed my credit card balance six days before the payment day .. and I still got a late payment charge. When I called Nat West I was told that they were too busy to process my payment on time ... therefore I was charged with late payment fees !!!

I argued with one of the NatWest operators untill my face turned blue, but they were not willing to admit it was their fault. According to Nat West, the payment had to reach my account by a certain day. It didn't, and I was charged late fees. The fact that it was THEM that delay the payment was not a good excuse for them !!!

Hi Petris, welcome on board!

I'd advise you to do two seperate SARS - one for the current account, one for the credit card. Put them both in the same envelope (recorded delivery) - and await their response. Credit cards are dealt with seperately from current accounts, that's why it's best to do a seperate SAR (they'll pass this onto the correct department for further processing).

As for how Nat West have treated you, you have all my sympathies on this one. They're not the most understanding bunch of people are they?!

Best of luck, holler if you need any further help/advice! :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thank you hedgey06 !

I am going to put the SARS in the post tomorrow.

VISA late payment fees is what really matters for me. I have been charged almost every other month, although I always pay by the due day ... but somehow I get them.

.... and I am a "gold member", what a treat.

• 2 months later...

Hello hedgey06 !

Guess what?

NatWest has not fully comply with my SARS request.

I sudmitted two SARS as you adviced on 29/08/07. I received a letter back from NATWEST telling me that a list of my transactions and charges will be sent to me ASAP.

Indeed my current account transactions arrived within 10 days. The credit card transactions (where they suck my blood with late charges for 7 years) have not arrived yet.

On the 17/10/07 I wrote another letter to NATWEST telling them that the 40 days period has now passed and they are in breach of the Data Protection Act.

In the letter I also wrote that I understand that bureaucratic mistakes do happen and I gave NATWEST another 12 days (until 29/10/07) to comply with my request.

.. no news yet !

What do I do now ?

Regards

Petris

Hello hedgey06 !

Guess what?

NatWest has not fully comply with my SARS request.

I submitted two SARS as you adviced on 29/08/07. I received a letter back from NatWest telling me that a list of my transactions and charges will be sent to me ASAP.

Indeed my current account transactions arrived within 10 days. The credit card transactions (where they suck my blood with late charges for 7 years) have not arrived yet.

On the 17/10/07 I wrote another letter to NatWest telling them that the 40 days period has now passed and they are in breach of the Data Protection Act.

In the letter I also wrote that I understand that bureaucratic mistakes do happen and I gave NatWest another 12 days (until 29/10/07) to comply with my request.

.. no news yet !

What do I do now ?

Regards

Petris

Hi Petris,

This doesn't surprise me to be honest - the surprising part of your post is that they've managed to comply with your request to send the current account statements! ;)

First things first, you need to get serious with them with regards to the non-compliance on your credit card. Send them the next letter from this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html. If they fail to comply - it's time to file at court with them!

With regards to the current account statement though, have a look through here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/105227-nat-west-claimants-new.html as you can get started on this claim whilst you're waiting for them to comply with the credit card account.

Just a thought, but it may be worthwhile sending a copy of the SAR and subsequent non-compliance letter (plus a copy of the second letter threatening court action) to the credit card address (is it the southend-on-sea address?) as Nat West have been pretty complacent lately when it comes to sending information. Probably got something to do with the OFT test case as they seem to think we're all sloping off - but little do they know! ;) So send them a copy of everything just in case! x :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Hedgey69,

First of all THANK YOU for replying back so fast.

They have not overcharge me or penalise me that much on my current account (less than £150). The credit card is where they have been sucking my blood.

I already sent them a "threatening letter" of my own, which was pretty much similar to the ones the Action Group recomends.

Now, I think I will sent the credit card a letter .. or two.

What I want to know is if I can take NatWest to court for not complying with my request. Is it possible and is it worth it ?

Anybody else took them to court for that ?

Regards

Petris

Hi Petris,

People have been successful taking them to court for non-compliance of the Data Protection Act, but I'd advise you to try everything possible to get the information from them before attempting this as it's a difficult road to travel.

Before you do anything, send them the second non-compliance letter (in the link above) but send everything that you've already sent with regards to the credit card account to the actual credit card address as very often Edinburgh don't pass the details on. They should, but they don't. So if you send them a copy of everything (including the second non-compliance letter) along with a covering letter explaining your disappointment that they haven't responded to your request - you'll have done everthing possible to recover your statements/data (make sure you keep a copy of everything that you send to them as well - and send recorded or special delivery!).

I have a feeling that if you send the above off tomorrow to the nat west credit card address you may well hear something within the next week to 2 weeks. ;)

Keep us posted hun. x :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

Hi hedgey06,

I did what you said and I send everything (previous letters etc.) to the Southend-on-sea address. Two weeks passed and no answer.

I believe non-compliance with the Data Pr. Act puts Nat west in a tight spot. Shall I take them to court, and if yes how and which court should I go ?

Do other people have the same experience with me?

Have they gone to court ?

Is the breach of the Data Pr. Act taken seriously in the courts or they will laugh on my face ?

Please advice, and a BIG thank you again.

Regards

Petris

With the credit card side of things, my hubby sent an SAR to Natwest Card Services, Southend on Sea and didn't get statements back, but got a convenient printout of all charges on his account, month by month, nicely totalled up at the end. It made filling in the spreadsheet dead easy.

They made him a paltry offer after Prelim, same again after LBA. Filed N1, Cobblers got on the case, made him a slightly better offer. I spoke to Cobblers (she was very nice), made them an offer of paying up or going to court, and they paid up. Got the cheque within a week.

So keep on with the credit card case, you will definitely win.