Do I Have To Pay My Fixed Penalty Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI GUYS , CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF I HAVE TO PAY MY STRATHCLYDE POLICE FIXED PENALTY NOTICE, I WAS MOSTLY IN A BAY AND BACK END IN BUS STOP.

TICKET ONLY HAS ONE DATE ON IT A TIME AND THE STREET, THE WRITING ISNT VERY CLEAR IN THE INSIDE . AND THE SAME TWO TRAFFIC WARDENS THAT BOOKED ME WITHOUT WARNING , NICELY WENT AND INFORMED TWO WORK VAN DRIVERS WHO WERE IN THE BANK TO MOVE THE VANS , AND THEY WERE PARKED FULLY IN THE BUS STOP , DO I HAVE TO PAY MINE :sad:

hi again , how do i go about that and do you think it would really go to court or would they settle outwith

It is a fixed penalty notice (FPN) issued by the Police. It is a criminal matter, not decriminalised parking and as such, dates, etc. are irrelevant.

If you wish to contest in Court, follow the instruction on the FPN to do this. The FPN is the only offer you will get to settle outwith Court. If you reject the FPN and elect for trial, then the FPN is voided and a summons to Court will be issued in due course. As this is Scotland, I believe they must have the first hearing (pleading diet) before the expiration of 6 months from offence.

If you do nothing within the allotted time scale then you are liable to pay the fine and it will be pursued in the same way as any other court fine.

Nothing you have posted so far would appear to mitigate against conviction

• 1 month later...

If you are being chased by the Council for debt then these are not FPNs.

You now mention that this is Edinburgh Council, which has DPW and thus these are PCNs and issued by PAs, not Police.

You really need to sort out exactly what you have got in order to fight them.

For PCNs to have reached this stage, then you have ignored several pieces of paper (or not received them)

I suggest that you separate out each offence/contravention and post scans (suitably anonymised) and time lines for each..