Smile

daisy_bumbleroot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do Smile respond to requests via secure message centre?

Ive just asked them not to charge me £5 a day for about 20 days of being OD. I know its my dozy fault for gong od, but it doesnt help that thier statements dont update til about 4 days later.

I have written and said i will pay the extra interest and the £15 "management fee" but I simply will not be able to afford the £100 extra. I also said if they couldnt consider not charging me, then i will reconsider switching back to my old ltsb account.

Do you think they will still charge me?

Also, in case they dont is it possible to send SAR's, LBA's etc via the secure centre or should they always be written letters?

**** WON ****

Cap 1 - 07/11/07 - 23/03/07 £165

Ikea - 22/02/07 - 23/03/07 £200

LTSB - 02/10/07 - 24/05/07 £3310

LTSB joint account - 02/07/07 £751

• 2 weeks later...

if you're firm they'll sometimes waive charges, but only once every now and then, so worth a try but try and have some sort of argument

some have done their entire claim through secure messaging so it's possible

personally and many agree, I'd do it all by letter, and recorded letter, that way you've got formal copies of all correspondence, the secure messaging has a character limit that stops you sending the formal letters in most cases

by all means use the SM to send copies and or prompts but I wouldn;t use it as your primary conduit