Manchester Xmas Meet - 08/12/07 - 17.00 - in front of Urbis building

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonni2bad viewpost.gif

I've just realised it's my annual "put vinegar soaked pins in your eyes" day, so I suddenly can't make it.

:p to you :p

(nice to see you back)

Oh didn't know you was going yeyyyyyyyyyyy will be great to see you .. don't forget to bring my Xmas present .. something really classy, like me, will do :p

Is this an indication that Jonni is coming as well...??

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Have I just read you telling DMD that my front is a big one, you rude woman? :shock:

ROFLMAO, you SHOWED me your Big Front last night, you hussey:D

Dave, she is a total wanton, you will have to beware of her :p

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Claws out!! Meeeeeeeeeeooowww!!! Sorry I missed this 1st time around!!! :D:D

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Can't wait, but let's remember that I will have time constraints.. :(

At least i'll get to meet U lot!! :-D:-D

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

Trying to stop smoking?

--

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Tell me, Dave, how do you feel about steel-boned corsets? For or against? :-D

I am not sure that they would suit him, he would probably have to shave his chest lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Is this an indication that Jonni is coming as well...??

I've done my hat-trick of meets already, so I am forever excused :D

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well now even more bad news ...............I'm coming :-D

Those of you who are going can you please take some chipolatas or janet will be moaning all night. Or any kind of sausages really, but she has to eat sausages in pubs. Don't ask me why, she's just weird like that.

Here's a picture of Lula for those of you who haven't met her yet:

Margaret_Thatcher_intro.jpg

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I've done my hat-trick of meets already, so I am forever excused :D

dont think it works like that Jonni :rolleyes:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Well if Janet's going I'm not. Anyway I may not have recovered from the London meet by then, and certainly won't manage another night like that any time soon.

I never even knew Jonni was coming or I wouldn't have agreed to go in the first place.

At least MTM will recognise Bookie and Lula.:lol:

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

dont think it works like that Jonni :rolleyes:

It's in the T&Cs of "CAG Meets" - A copy of which is shown below.

Rules is rules :D

1.1 There must be one member in attendance who has an axe to grind and that member must become intoxicated within 2hrs of the meeting start time. Said member will then latch onto the closest resemblance to a CAG authority and tell them how to put everything right.

1.2 At least 8 people who have posted as being 'definite' attendees will suddenly find that they cannot attend after all.

1.3 One member, who everyone thinks is quite shy and laid back, will prove you all wrong and will become the talk of the night.

2.1 Each attendance at a CAG Meet will count as though it were a 'goal'. When a member has 'scored a hat-trick' they will automatically become exempt from future meetings.

2.2 CAG Meets where attendance levels are less than 10 will not count towards any totals, so don't even think about it.

3.1 Where possible, avoid camp sites as a meeting location. Despite all the promises, they really don't like loud music or indeed any resemblance of joviality.

4.1 Before you agree to a further meeting, wait until all possible compromising photographs have been aired on the site.

Ref: CAGM230506

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

That means I idn't have to go to London last night. Someone should have told me.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest ChloeJane

Sadly not going to Manchester so I am one of the 8!?

No points? I thought I would get a few for having intent?

The instructions I was given to locate people were -

Janet - Look for Skinny and blonde hair - could be 1 of a million in manchester

Caro - Look for tell tale signs of continued alcohol abuse from last CAG session?

Lula - Look for person carrying pink toilet roll looking like Maggie Thatcher...

Barracad - Look for man carrying a ladder?

Rather daunting ! My excuse couldn't find a sitter for the puppy and Manchester is soooo big and not sure the above people would stand out.

So I am one of the 8, a statistic and owe Janet M a drink.

Well now even more bad news ...............I'm coming

Please tell me you don't look like your avatar though hun - I shall be ashamed to death walkin' round Manchester with a funny green head all night! ;)

And p.s.,.............. I'm dead chuffed that you're coming!

I've just realised it's my annual "put vinegar soaked pins in your eyes" day, so I suddenly can't make it.

What? You only do this annually? Pah! You've got no stamina whatsoever!

I do it daily!! :D

Hedgy told me that the rounds are being bought in order of who posted they was going .. .. and Hedgy will be that drunk that I can convince her she seen me buying it :p

Good lord woman.......... I'm a fine upstanding woman me - just ask Steven and Kevboy, they'll tell you!!!!!

(note to Steven and Kevboy................ shhhhhhhhhh!!!!)

I will be the 20 yr old blonde with the hour glass figure .. just incase you aint met me before

Excellent - you're gorgeous too! This is me:

cindy_crawford_01.jpg

N.B., Beer goggles may be required before I look this good!!!!!

PMSL!!!! :-D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can definitely agree that she can stand upright finely all by herself (well until 9pm after that........)

nb dont need beer goggles but that sea behind her really does get on your nerves after a bit :grin:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can definitely agree that she can stand upright finely all by herself (well until 9pm after that........)

Why thank you my friend!

p.s., they'll all be steamin' after 9pm anyway so there's a good chance I could be onto a winner!!! :D

nb dont need beer goggles but that sea behind her really does get on your nerves after a bit

PMSL !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mmmmmwah to you Kev! xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Please tell me you don't look like your avatar though hun

I wish. If you're expecting her to look like that, I'm afraid you'll be somewhat disappointed...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I wish. If you're expecting her to look like that, I'm afraid you'll be somewhat disappointed...

PMSL!!! A little birdie whispered that she's a right little darlin'!!! So I'll be gutted if the weird green head shows up instead!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Please tell me you don't look like your avatar though hun - I shall be ashamed to death walkin' round Manchester with a funny green head all night!
It's even worse than that hedgey06...:cool:

...She from the wrong end of the East Lancs!!!...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lock Up your Shell Suits!!!...;)

...lol...:D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Been having a look around for quiet pubs and somewhere to eat today. Have had a look at the Indian suggested by TT on Soap Street too but there's 1 that I deliver to only 100 yards further on, the Al-Faisal on Thomas Street I got to speak with the owner who said that he'ld personally make us welcome.

Also on Thomas Street is the Bayhorse pub catering for the older visitor this is the Northern Quarter just behind the Arndale and quite a short walk from the meeting point.

Bars in the Northern Quarter Manchester

The Bay horse « Manchester Bar Reviews

Still City Centre but just tucked nicely out of the way...

Comments?

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

Trying to stop smoking?

--

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

How about a big fat bratwurst (sausage to you!) on the German markets?! I was planning on giving the girls a 'big casserole dish of something' to fill their boots before we head off, but if peeps'd prefer to have something to eat in town (Manc!) I'm just as happy to eat out instead (believe me, I am - especially as my lovely hubby ain't taken me out for ages and ages!!!)

I'm a very easy going kinda gal........ especially with a pint inside me (no comments please)! :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***