New case: Nanama vs Barclays

denis1308

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have submitted a claim against Barclays Bank on behalf of my wife (Nanama).

- Original request 2-Apr-07, for total £1375 charges + £317 interest.

- Barclays offered £1030 in settlement on 3-May-07 in 'full and final settlement'.

- This rejected and N1 submitted 3-Jul-07, total claim now £1887 (incl £120 court fee).

Received AQ today with Braclays defense. Includes Mediation Scheme reply form. I want to fill in No part, but need ideas on suitable reasons. Am thinking of something like:

"This claim hinges upon points of law relative to legality of bank penalty charges and needs to be argued before and determined by a court"

Any ideas or suggestions?

Also would like suggestions/pointers on how I may conduct this on behalf of my wife as a litigation friend or whatever?

Any advice comments, pointers to relevant threads very welcome,

Thanks,

Denis

denis1308 vs Lloyds TSB ... started 9.8.06 - settled in full 2.2.07 £2003

How about you have given the bank every opportunity to come to an amicable agreement :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

• 1 month later...

Order for stay received from Oxford CC 21st Sept. Gives 7 days to respond. Am planning to send letter requesting hearing to set stay aside. We'll see how it goes!

Denis

denis1308 vs Lloyds TSB ... started 9.8.06 - settled in full 2.2.07 £2003

Sorry that your case has been stayed have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post1046820

and here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/115023-application-removal-stay-grounds.html

Unless you can show real hardship i honestly dont think that any judge at the moment is lifting the stays :(

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.