Can you tell me if this is fair please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Company having a reconstruction of office staff, Out of the blue one morning was told that I had to listen to a recorded conference call in 25mins, to inform us that we would have to re-appy for our jobs, last resort redundancies, we have approx. 9,000 employees.

Immediately after the conference call, I was told my 1 2 1 consultation would be the next day & given an Q & A document.

During 1 2 1 was given a pack which included how the selection process would take place, which stated that if you had got over 55% in your recent appraisal you would go into the paper selection, if you got less than 55% it would be questioned if you were capable of doing a job in another department, if not you would be made redundant. There was a list of vacancies, a proposed decision tree, a job description, & that was basically all we were given.

I am the office manager and work 24 hours I have two assistants one who works 16 hours and the other (who has only been with the company for 6 weeks) work full time 40 hours.

When we were told the decision, i was told that i had to cut my hours from 24 to 20 my other assistant had to increase her hours from 16 to 24 and the other assistant was staying on 40 hours.

Is this a fair selection?

Also the full time assistant only got 17% in her appraisal and the selection process was if you got less than 55%, it would be decided if you could work in another department if not you were made redundant.

Is this a fair selection?

I have not had anything in writing laying out any redundancy payment that I may be entitled to should I be made redundant.

There are a lot of other issues that the company have not followed properly, but I really do not want to get into too many details as it would be a very long thread.

Can anyone give me any guidelines as to where I would stand if the they have not followed:

a) Their own selection process

b) There are going to be approx. 40-60 redundancies throughout the company, yet I have had nothing in writing.

c) 25 min notice, before we had to listen to a conference call regarding the reconstruction.

d) Straight after the conference call we were told our 1 2 1 meeting were the next day.

Does anyone know if the correct procedures have been followed (apart from the fact they have not followed the selection process)