Advice please!

miss_squeezy77

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My claim against Lloyds, along with many others, has been stayed by Chester Court. In the meantime, I'm getting letters from Lloyds DCA asking me to pay up (overdraft, made up of charges) and offering me a discount on the amount I owe if I pay quickly - can they do this even though the case at court???

Any help gratefully received!

Miss S

15/2/07 Lloyds TSB number 1 account settled in full :D

20/2/07 5% donation to site :) thanks guys!!

My advice or opinion is offered in good faith but without prejudice or liability. It should not be considered as legal advice. If in doubt, seek advice from a qualified legal professional.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure" - Marianne Williamson

bump

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Start a thread on the Lloyds forum and ask same question Miss Squeezy, and some one will be along to help post haste. Sorry but that is the best advice I can offer as I am not sure of the answer myself. If I do find it I will get Back ASAP. Good Luck

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

bump - any advice please?

My advice or opinion is offered in good faith but without prejudice or liability. It should not be considered as legal advice. If in doubt, seek advice from a qualified legal professional.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure" - Marianne Williamson

can they do this even though the case at court???

Can they lawfully do this - no. Do they do it - all the time.

First thing to do is write them a letter stating that the account is in dispute and is currently in the process of court procedings. They should not be attempt to pursue this debt as per OFT guidelines on debt collection.

Have you requested a copy of Lloyds complaints procedure? The DCA are only attempting to collect because Lloyds have instructed them to.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks Rory et al, will get on to that straight away!

Miss S