Another Cabot Court Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Elizabeth you have done wonderfully yet again. Cabot must dread you.

Their MO is to push aggressively and hard for Fast Track and costs and anyone encountering them should be well aware of this. This is obviously a tactic laid down by Cabot themsleves rather than their solicitors and there is something very wrong in their vexatious use of the courts to harrass people into paying debts.

Is there a group complaint we could make to HM Courts does anyone know?

REMEMBER SUPERCOMPLAINTS "which magazine" made one in the last 3 years

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Elizabeth. I can see I will have a few similar problems with another DCA who doesn't understand the whole idea of needing documentation, so I'll be watching your thread with interest.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hiya Elizabeth:)

Great stuff indeed! Just been catching up on your thread as I've been a bit preoccupied of late what with family worries one thing and my impending court case

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/81224-spiritgirl-various-dcas-30.html

If mine gets to court, please may I use your skeleton argument and ask you for some help and advice for the hearing?

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hi all

This is my first time posting on here but it is interesting to note the feedback against Cabot. I have received numerous letters from them, even proving via my credit account, cheques cashed etc. that the accounts have been paid but they just ignore you. Also a debt went from £496 to £4496 in a week!! Have tried various organisations, DPA, OFT etc. but to be honest they are useless. HAve even sent the DPA the data number and all the relevant letters, they are due for re-registration in May 08, but to no avail. It does surprise me still that these people are allowed to carry on with a less than competent business ethics. Well done to those who have challenged them.

Hi all

This is my first time posting on here but it is interesting to note the feedback against Cabot. I have received numerous letters from them, even proving via my credit account, cheques cashed etc. that the accounts have been paid but they just ignore you. Also a debt went from £496 to £4496 in a week!! Have tried various organisations, Data Protection Act, OFT etc. but to be honest they are useless. HAve even sent the DPA the data number and all the relevant letters, they are due for re-registration in May 08, but to no avail. It does surprise me still that these people are allowed to carry on with a less than competent business ethics. Well done to those who have challenged them.

Ann, I think the extra 4 in £4 (496) has been created by the jittery finger of one of Cabot's employees. They are so shakey about the Cabot Fan Club they are nervous all day :D They never know what we are going to come up with next !!

Yes imagine comparing intelligent mammals like monkeys to DCA employees. Thats not fair on Monkeys

ODC, sorry to be a pedant, but I think you'll find that it is not a monkey, it's a chimpanzee.

Chimps are our closet natural relative in the animal word sharing 99.94% of the same DNA. They are extremely intelligent

my view would be that the comparison also breaks down on that point, the question must be asked - When did you last speak with an intelligent DCA?

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

ODC, sorry to be a pedant, but I think you'll find that it is not a monkey, it's a chimpanzee.

Chimps are our closet natural relative in the animal word sharing 99.94% of the same DNA. They are extremely intelligent

my view would be that the comparison also breaks down on that point, the question must be asked - When did you last speak with an intelligent DCA?

Intelligent and DCA are a contradiction in terms.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

hiya have only just seen this thread was referred here

ive learnt a lot and so the outcome is to keep it simple

wise words i will take on board

thanks angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Yes...... I am intrigued!!!!! :-P

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

• 1 year later...