re : hays employment agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there, has anyone out there had any trouble with Hays employment agency, my hubby did 1 days work for them in june 2006 and has still not been paid for it, we have both been persuing it ever since.

he did the work at very short notice as they rang him on the day and as it happened he was off work that day so went and drove a special machine on a construction site for them, they sent him a time sheet which listed the hours worked, site managers signature, my hubbys signature address etc.... i have emailed them continually, they keep either repeating themselves, saying there is no one to deal with it at the moment or the latest is that the copy of the time sheet we sent them doesnt say who the name of the contractor on the job was. All i keep saying is that my hubby did the job for Hays, whoever there contract was with is nothing to do with my hubby surely. It isn a lot of money he is due to but it is the principle of it, does anyone know of anything i can do about this.?:???:

hi there, thanks for your reply, would i have to go to a solicitor to get and action letter or is that something i could do myself, and do you know anything about how i would get started down the county court route? i have never done anything like this before so i haven't got a clue what i can do:rolleyes:

Do you have a copy of the time sheet?

Also, your husband should have been given a contract for services ( which is not a contract of employment with either party ) and asked to sign it which should have contained Hays terms and conditions.

They have to do this to comply with DTI regulations.

If they didn't give him a contract you could try complaining to the department of trade and industry - they are resposible for auditing recruitment companies.

If you have the time sheet with details of the job on it you are laughing. If not, it will be difficult to get your money.

I work for a recruitment agency (not hays I hasten to add) my advice would be to speak to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) who actively promote agencies etc and would not be too happy to hear about this. You could also mention to Hays that you will contact the REC and this may be enought to get them to sort it.

hi there, thanks soooo much for your help, yea we do have the time sheet signed by them and my hubby!!

thanks for the advice about REC didnt even know they existed, im gonna do an email to hays and report them to the REC!!

will keep you updated!!!!

thank you:smile: :)