Slip up in procedure - any suggestions?

signalnorth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not having read these forums correctly (doh!) I stupidly did not send my £10 when I made my request for a list of bank charges under the data protection act. The bank have replied to my letter to say they are looking into the matter. Where do I stand though? Do I need to send a similar letter agin do you think with my £10. I ask because I read on these pages about someone getting the info from their without having to resort to threats under the data protection act.. Any suggestions?

you could write to them stating you applied for a list of charges to them and you forgot to put in the ten pound fee, and add the fee but they have 40 days from then to comply .........or you could just hang on and hope you strike lucky ....but then they could say they didnt recieve the fee and refuse your request .....the choice is yours

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

A lot of the banks are returning fees and saying they'll give the info free of charge, but a lot have also shown how arsey they can be. I wouldn't want to hope they decided to overlook the lack of payment :)

If I were you, I'd follow Mech's first suggestion and write to them again, sending the payment.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

One thing to consider is that the banks could return all the statments free of charge but not include details of the manual interventions. If you send the £10 then the DPA request is complete and they must supply all details requested.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Ok , the latest is that I had a reply from Alliance and Leicester today, saying they will provide me with the info and charge me £10 from my account to cover it. (This could be interesting as at presnt I don't have £10 in it! Surely not .... Surely they won't.....- well we will see eh?!!!!)

Basically it's a go away and die letter. Can I quote a few bits of it and ask for peoples comments? Cheers....

…The Office of Fair Trading has commented that they consider the level of late payment charges to be unfair: However they were actually referring to late payment fees for credit card payments which are quite distinct from a banks charges on current accounts.:mad:

…please be assured our charges are reasonable and are competitive with the charges made by other financial organisations.:mad:

…the OFT have not entered into any discussions with the banking industry regarding currant accounts.:mad:

Any comments please. Many thanks in advance for all your help. I look forward to hearing from you all on this. :grin:

The'll slap a charge on you for insufficient funds !:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ok , the latest is that I had a reply from Alliance and Leicester today, saying they will provide me with the info and charge me £10 from my account to cover it. (This could be interesting as at presnt I don't have £10 in it! Surely not .... Surely they won't.....- well we will see eh?!!!!)

Basically it's a go away and die letter. Can I quote a few bits of it and ask for peoples comments? Cheers....

…The Office of Fair Trading has commented that they consider the level of late payment charges to be unfair: However they were actually referring to late payment fees for credit card payments which are quite distinct from a banks charges on current accounts.:mad:

…please be assured our charges are reasonable and are competitive with the charges made by other financial organisations.:mad:

…the OFT have not entered into any discussions with the banking industry regarding currant accounts.:mad:

Any comments please. Many thanks in advance for all your help. I look forward to hearing from you all on this. :grin:

Don't worry, it doesn't matter what the OFT were referring to TBH. At the end of the day, the charges are penalties and under contract law, you can't penalise someone for a breach of contract.

Continue with it. They're only trying to put you off.

OC

Don't worry, it doesn't matter what the OFT were referring to TBH. At the end of the day, the charges are penalties and under contract law, you can't penalise someone for a breach of contract.

Continue with it. They're only trying to put you off.

OC

Oh I will be doing - No worries!