Orange mobile + Broadband, Broadband does not work, can i cancel both?

muggz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

About 5 months ago i purchased an Orange pay monthly mobile phone because of the offer of £5 a month for 8mb broadband for contract customers.

Since getting set up for broadband my speed has never been over 512kb and now has completely stopped working (PPP server down), its been a month since its stopped. Everytime i call orange customer services (which is every 1-2 days) its like i never called the previous day. I get the same script, line test etc done everytime. No engineer callout, nothing. A few times i have called up and been told my problem had been closed as they couldnt find a fault...but no one called to ask if my internet was working which it wasnt!

So now i want to cancel the service as well as my mobile as the mobile was sold to me with the promise of 8mb internet. Orange cant keep there end of the bargain in providing me a service which im paying for so why should i keep mine? I would never have taken up the service if it wasnt for the broadband. and orange clearly knew there were problems with the service as 1000's of people have posted problems on actual dedicated website orangeproblems.co.uk. I mean for someone to start a website because a service is so poor says alot about how rubbish it is.

The obvious reason not to cancel is that ill get letters from debt collectors etc wanting line rental etc. Does anyone know what rights i have? is there anything i can say or do? can i write a letter saying im going to go to ofcom, watchdog, or post the recordings of the phone calls i have made on the net showing how poor the service is?

Thanks for your help!

In a word, no. The service is marketed as combined but the reality is these are two separate contracts for service, just linked. Failure of one does not mean a right of cancellation in the other. HOWEVER, you can often negotiate this with Customer Services who can override the formal T&Cs if they don't deliver on their original promise..

• 1 year later...

Hi Muggz, sounds like you're having the same problem as me, promised 8mb speed but rarely get more than 3mb, its very poor. I have just started a thread asking what I can do to cancel my contract...

I am sooo annoyed!!

Sian