Alleged debt by Thames Credit Ltd no idea what for though

bathyboy81

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recieved a letter from them today claiming they had bought a £934 debt from GE capital bank. I have no idea what this debt is. Checked my credit file and have nothing on it that it could be. The only credit i have taken in the last six or seven years is all on the credit file but can find no mention of GE capital or a £934 debt, or any debt that is in default.

What should i do now? Do i respond to the letter and ask them what they are on about or should i just ignore it?

Thanks

Recieved a letter from them today claiming they had bought a £934 debt from GE capital bank. I have no idea what this debt is. Checked my credit file and have nothing on it that it could be. The only credit i have taken in the last six or seven years is all on the credit file but can find no mention of GE capital or a £934 debt, or any debt that is in default.

What should i do now? Do i respond to the letter and ask them what they are on about or should i just ignore it?

Thanks

If there is nothing on your credit file about this, chances are that it is statute barred. Simple thing to do is send them a CCA. Send recorded delivery, but do not sign it with your normal signature.

Whilst you wait for a reply, have a good read around these threads and you'll learn a lot.

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Re:− Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Just hate every DCA out there