To 'CI' ot not to 'CI'....

mikeymay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a letter back from HBoS rejecting my claim for visa card charges.

I also included in my LBA that I wanted CI to be repaid as well.

After viewing a few threads it seems that this could be dodgy territory to proceed into and was wondering what peoples opinions were on this.

I calculated the CI toal using a simple spreadsheet as I was only sent a schedule of charges rather than copy statements, so some of the spreadsheets avaialble via this site were of no use as they need balances, interest charged, etc, etc.

Also, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have an Abbey card as well who have repaid the charges upon my request for statements (pre LBA) and I would like to reclaim CI form them as well.

Thanks

mikeymay

Have a look at GaryH's (a MOD here) posts on CI . It is his view that this is very dodgy ground indeed unless you really really understand ALL the legal issues involved

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

I'm claiming against Citicard who defend all cases and not looking forward to arguing this one in court - in fact i'm considering amending my POC to remove this part of the claim.

On the other hand, HSBC, Barclaycard and MBNA have all paid me CI. In the case of HSBC and Barclaycard they basically settled for the full amount on the day before court.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

PS: HBOS have actually successfully defended a claim for CI in open court so I think you have little chance of victory against them (there is a thread on CAG somewhere about that claim).

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

There was a sticky on here started by BF but it seems to have been removed, best track it down and read it - I would start at the first BF post then track backwards from the last page as you then may find out why it was removed. Also on the LTSB forum track down posts by photoman as he is still holding out for CI - mind you he is very very good and knows his stuff inside out :)

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON