mortgage PPI AND SELF EMPLOYED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when i took out my HALIFAX MORTGAGE just over 3 years ago, i was encouraged to take out the unemployment cover ( £45 per mth )despite at the time working for an employment agency through the composite/ umbrella, company scheme of payment ( ie; i was technically self employed on a temporary contract basis , in the construction industry )

The HALIFAX mortgage advisor convinced me i was employed by the composite and therefore a full time employee! as at the time i had amassed 7 years continuous employment, all be it on seperate jobs!( as per 24 mth rule ) but paid always by the same composite company.

I now find that, had i needed to claim, i would not have been elegible because of the composite company status. ( self employed ) all this despite putting all my cards on the table when applying for the mortgage!

have i any basis for miss selling?

I would go for miss-selling definately.........

The agent acting on behalf of the insurer clearly gave you false information ......... had they said "you are not eligible to claim as you are self employed" would you have still taken out the insurance ? No .......... so they have miss-sold it.