changed hotels

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have just returned from holiday

we booked a last minute deal and agreed on a hotel that the holiday company suggested after reviewing it on the holiday watchdog review site.

when we arrived at the airport we were informed that the hotel we booked was full and were now in a different hotel

we did not enjoy the new hotel and also we were AI but the food was not to british tastes at all

do we have any claim for being moved from the hotel we booked?

Guest haighmarg

It depends. There's probably some fine print clause in the company's contract saying that they're not liable if the hotel winds up being booked out, or something.

i booked into the tunisia lodge but was transfered to mouradi menzeh

both were in the same region of tunisia and both classed as 4*

haighmarg - i guess there would be some fine print but how can somebody/company be allowed to sell whats not there?

there are only so many rooms in a hotel and once they are gone they would therefore be mis-selling a product wouldnt they?

we have just returned from holiday

we booked a last minute deal and agreed on a hotel that the holiday company suggested after reviewing it on the holiday watchdog review site.

when we arrived at the airport we were informed that the hotel we booked was full and were now in a different hotel

we did not enjoy the new hotel and also we were AI but the food was not to british tastes at all

do we have any claim for being moved from the hotel we booked?

If you go to a foreign country why do you expect them to serve food according to British tastes? If it was me, I would want to sample their food even if it was forgs legs, snails, snake, crocodile or similar. That is the experience of travelling otherwise you might as well stay at home. As British we should not be imposing our will on others although they can to us. Anyway I doubt whether you can claim for being moved to another hotel and it is probably in the T & Cs. Have a read through them before yoiu decide on anything.