KitchenScience.co.uk AVOID!

Binker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am so angry:mad:

My copied and pasted email (which has gone ignored by them) should tell the story.

-------------------------------------------------------

RESENT DUE TO NO RESPONSE - PLEASE RESPOND TO MY EMAILS

Hello,

I am emailing to express my absolute disgust in the service I continually receive from Kitchen Science.

After pacing my initial order with yourselves on-line, I did not find out the washing machine I had ordered was out of stock until I contacted you when I heard nothing from you! I would have been left in limbo waiting if it had been up to you.

Because of my urgency in requiring the appliance, I upgraded spending an additional £100 with you to get the next Miele machine in stock (W1514). I was told it would be 7 days till delivery and accordingly took a day off work on Friday 17th Aug for delivery as advised by the email from you.

At 4pm on 17th I telephoned you to confirm delivery and I was told by one of your operatives that delivery was guaranteed today and it could be anytime before 7pm. At 6.50pm I telephoned again to then be told that delivery would not be the 17th, as expected and advised by yourselves and confirmed only 2 hours previously by one of the call staff, but now confirmed as the 21st August!!

UPDATE: I have now phoned again at 4pm on 21st August to be told it will not be arriving today as promised on Friday, but THURSDAY 23rd August!!! That will be three days off work in total.

I will now have to take an additional day off work. I have explained on numerous occasions my need for a 'quick' delivery as I have young children and currently no washing machine.

To have these verbal and emailed guarantees by yourselves and then to be let down all the way through my process of ordering with you is truly poor service at best and at this rate I will not be recommending your services. It will be 15 days from my initial order to the second new delivery date of 23rd August.

Also when I asked about your price promise I said I had found the Miele W1514 cheaper on another website (£524.15 www.hughesdirect.co.uk), I was asked what was the price including delivery. This then bumped the price up above what I was getting from yourselves. How can you offer 'free delivery' when using a competitors delivery costs in a price match. This means that your delivery costs are not free but merely absorbed into the complete package. I feel this is a misrepresentation and you should advertise your prices as an all inclusive price, not free delivery.

I continue to expect a full reply to this email and would appreciate an investigation into the continued broken promises I have received by yourselves.

In the meantime I await my washing machine....yet again!

Kind regards

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so annoyed to be continually treated like this and when i asked to speak to a manager or supervisor, guess what....they can't let me do that, i have to email them! I did that already, no response.

They have my £546 but I have no washing machine. Maybe thursday :roll:

Sorry for my rant but i'm fuming here.

Binker

Any advise offered is purely out of interest and personal experience. Professional advice is always recommended.

Bank charges claimed:

A+L - Jan 07 - ** Settlement cheque received **

Kitchen Science are based in Hull and part of Kesa Electronics which is or includes Comet plc.

Did you pay by credit card? If this is the case you can ask for your money back from the credit card provider anytime upto 6 months after the transaction, at least that is my understanding. You also have the distance selling regulations on your side. You can request a full refund.

I placed a large order for several appliances with 8 weeks lead time for delivery. They failed to supply the goods and like you I incurred costs and spent 4 or 5 days waiting in until 8pm for a delivery that had not even been shipped. Lots of excuses and ignored communication.

In the end I got (after much perserverance) money back from them so if you push you will get an offer from them but the first will not be in anyway reasonable.

Also you have wasted 3 days for a purchase of £500 so the compensation will never recover your losses and inconvenience. You will of course have the satisfaction that you have not let them get away with it.

Get your money back and buy from someone else or push them for compensation.

Good Luck:)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I've calmed down a bit now!! :oops:

I seriously considered cancelling my order but with a mountain of washing getting bigger everyday I figured waiting an extra two days would be better in the long run then looking else where and waiting the required time for their delivery too, another week probably.

I had an email reply from them today with the usual "I can assure you that we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service..blah blah" and they did offer me £40 straight away.

I wasn't after compensation just really angry and wanted someone to listen and take responsibility, however seeing as they have offered, :D .

They of course blamed the courier service but the excuses given do not match what i was told on both occassions by the call centre girls.

Start the process again tomorrow and hopefully third time lucky and I will be making a dent in Mount Dirty-Clothes sometime tomorrow.

Incidently, where are all the launderettes these days! I had to make a 50 mile round trip to my Sister's a week ago to get some 'essentials' done hahaha:o

Bye bye

Binker

Any advise offered is purely out of interest and personal experience. Professional advice is always recommended.

Bank charges claimed:

OH lord sorry to hear about the mis-haps of the non delivery of your new washer, after having faced the same some years back, when it came to buying our new washer from comet we visited there shop and after paying there loaded the washer into our car and took it home ourselves, no waiting for promised delivery dates etc, pay and drive away, we did the same with our new dryer last month, paid for it then had it loaded into our car to take home. not only did we get our goods at the point of paying, but also had no delivery charge. Not sure if you have use of a car or can borrow one, but it beats waiting wks for the item you paid for.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Yes I had the same experience - the delivery company were at fault.

Remind them your contract is with them and they are responsible for fulfilling it. Add you are not interested in their sub-contractor issues and remember they have your money.

Hi,

Well it arrived at 7.30am this morning, yippee!! and now it doesn't know what hit it!!!!

I was advised that the £40 compensation has been transferred to my account today.

I won't be using this company again and advise all to steer clear if you want an effortless transaction.

Thanks for the info Mr Rhodes, I was getting all ready to start again if it hadn't turned up today and your advice would have been valuable.

Binker

Bank charges claimed:

• 4 years later...