Jo vs Barclays

joanimal1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Wonder if I can get some advice please...

I sent off my SAR on the 29th June 07...no response...

Sent failure to comply to SAR letter on 13th August 07... no response

I have called the bank and they have stated that they have received the letters.

What is my next best option, as I dont even know how much they owe me (ie.havent been able to full out my little spr/sh)

Thanks

Hi Jo and welcome to the Barclay's forum.

When you rang Barclays and they confirmed they had received the letters, did they not state whether or not your statements/data had been sent out to you?

Unfortunately Barclays is becoming more and more lax on complying with SARs; I would recommend that if nopthing is received in tomorrow's post, you file at local court a claim against them for breach of DPA.

The claim won't be Stayed as it is not reclaiming bank charges and it will ensure that not only do you get a Court Order for them to send the data by a certain date but you will get back any filing fee plus reasonable costs to date.

My own experience is that Barclays settle without the need to go to court. If you need any help in completing the forms, post on here where there are lots of people who can help you or PM me and I'll send through the claim I won.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

thanks welshie, will have a look into it this afternoon... The chap on the phone who I spoke to said they had received my correspondence and it was being dealt with...thats it...no other details would be given to me!

Hi Jo

Yes they always say that and once in a while it's true, whilst many times it's just something to say to get you off the phone.

The fact is they are in breach of a law and as soon as your claim is issued, the law is on your side and simply sending through your statements (which would be great in itself) will not satisfy the claim - they will have to settle the costs requested in your claim as well.

Many people delay claiming in these circumstances and whilst it's no skin off their nose, it doesn't progress your case at all.

I infact started my bank charge reclaim using a partially estimated SOC which I stated I would revise upon receiving statements; it was the only way of getting my main claim into the court system.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 1 month later...

Go through the statements with a highlighter and mark any charges

unpaids out

referal fees

unouth od

Then transfer them to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html a good example of the simple spreadsheet is found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Then print off a copy hiding the days since and interest (the last 2 columns) and send them recorded delivery with this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html to :-

Barclays Bank plc

Head office customer relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Hope that helps :)

saint

You might even get sent another set :)

Or 4 sets (Barclaycard)

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.