Sony Vaio Support Problems

fil601
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am currently having problems with sony vaio laptops, i will paste my posts from a forum local to me (not a consumer forum, i was just asking advice) id be grateful if anyone in the know could help me out.

4th july 07

i got a laptop just after christmas, just when vista was released, so i decided to pay over the odds for a sony as id heard the support was good and iv never had bother with any sony products in the past.

the thing starts bluescreening every now and again, not when i do anything in particular, two different types of bluescreen, one that restarts and the other that halts.

took it back to the sony centre and they blamed vista.. twice, by the third time im over 28 days since purchased

id done factory restores, completely as the support line told me

after a few more weeks they decide it needs to go in to be looked at

it gets picked up

after a week or so they call and say they are having trouble finding anything wrong

its been weeks now iv rang the support line with my case number and told them to send a message to the techies to call me as they cant put me straight through.. but they havnt rang me

its now july, laptop bought in feb.. never had a decent couple of hours use out of it £800 worth of junk that i havnt even got in my possesion..

anyone had any similar experience, i just want this whole terrible ordeal over with.

anyone know if i can demand a refund or compensation for the inconvenience?

21 aug 07

HEEELLLP!

i dont know what the right channels are for this..

update.

right, they had my laptop for an age found out is was a fault with the wireless card and made an offer to patch it up with a dongle and send it back to me. i said this wasnt good enough, as you would.

after haggling and phonecalls and visits to the sony centre and more calls they said they couldnt give me a refund but could offer me another model, after checking on the internet i found i could get this model cheaper than what i paid for mine (not from sony i might add)

anyway i wanted an end to it so i accepted the new machine and the guy said it would be with me within 5 working days, after a week.. nothing, i rang them and the guy was saying the guy i needed was in a meeting, i was told he would call me back and then nothing, its a few more days later now and i just tried to call the support again and after being on hold it rang and then cut off.. i dont expect this from sony!

any ideas anyone, i think iv been wronged.

thats the story, it really has been a nightmare, its a lot of money to me. if id have known when i first took it back to the shop within the first 28 days that it was a software problem i would have asked for a refund. after that its down to the 'wonderful' support, nothing can be done insore.

id be gratefull for any help.. then ill ask you all about payment protection on my credit card, thats next up!!

regards

fil

A bit of a mess, but rather untypical of them - as I've nothing but praise for the times I've used their support or repair services.

Because of the delays, you still have your SOGA rights, but not the rejection of the goods. If your laptop didn't have Vista re-loaded, then there WILL be trouble, unfortunately they will not provide support for an OS not supplied at the time of sale. If the problem still exists with XP, you have a strong case, but not with Vista.

You need to serve notice by Recorded Delivery, outlining (not the whole story) the fact you've only had X days of use of the Sony product, and a promised factory replacement has not materialised. Give them 28 days to provide this, or you will be forced to raise a formal action to compel them to resolve the issue.

• Haha 1