C A G ruins banking for millions

Guest donkey kong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remember b4 Santander took over Abbey, sometimes when we went over drawn the would write to us and tell us we had gone overdrawn but they wouldnt charge us this time (this happened a couple of times), but since they took over they never did this again and we went OD a couple of times by 17p and got hit with £50.00 charge, does this make me irresponsible mr DonkeyKong or does this make the banks greedy????? I know what i think.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much doubt that free banking will come in across the board anyway. You may find that once the test case is resolved they may threaten it and some will maybe implement charging, but there will be other banks or building societies that advertise free banking to gain a competitive edge. How long will those banks that have started charging again stay that way? banking is business and business needs customers.

I have a Lloyds Gold account, so I do pay for my banking. I also have a business account like rbrears and pay through the nose with Lloyds for that.

To be honest I think you'd have been better off coming on here thanking us for the 'free banking' that you've received from your bank, take a look around the rest of the world and see how many other countries benefit from what you have at present.

donkey-

if you, shock horror, have to actually pay for your banking service, that in my view, is a 'kin sight better that having your banking services being subsidised by myself, by having MY money UNLAWFULLY taken from MY ACCOUNT.

You pay for everything else in this world, WTF do you think your banking sevices should be "free"?

I forgot to mention this earlier:

It took 16 months to come up with that grammatically incorrect, insulting garbage?

Excellent achievement.

He has made other posts using various Id's that he has. ;)

It doesn't look like 'Donkey' has anything further to say, I'm not sure how accurate the time stamp was on his post, but if it's correct this has obviously been keeping him up at night. He has not put forward a good argument even in his original post. the reason he hasn't is because there isn't one...

...yawn :rolleyes:

It doesn't look like 'Donkey' has anything further to say, I'm not sure how accurate the time stamp was on his post, but if it's correct this has obviously been keeping him up at night. He has not put forward a good argument even in his original post. the reason he hasn't is because there isn't one...

...yawn :rolleyes:

Jackass is probably too busy on the phone at the moment trying to screw a few quid out of some 'customer' who went overdrawn by 2p for an hour last week and now owes the shylocks £150 in charges plus daily compound interest at 49.999%

I forgot to mention this earlier:

It took 16 months to come up with that grammatically incorrect, insulting garbage?

Excellent achievement.

I bet he or she is sitting there now trying to think up an equally vile and libelous response to the many fair and just posts placed in response to his/her thread.

Just remember everyone else, this person can't possibly have a life when they choose to post a thread that is intended to rile, upset and defamate every single person that has ever had a (and I use the term loosely!!) bank charge.

DK - you just sit in your ivory tower counting your pieces of silver and I hope also, as someone posted earlier that your halo well and truly chokes you!

Well done CAG it's users and also the other sites in the same vein that have enabled us to 'stand up and be counted and not bullied'

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Its gratifying to know that we upset the Banker so much that he feels the need to post such utter drivel. Still I bet when his job is outsourced to Mumbai he wont feel so arrogant and supercillious

I personally find it strange that some people feel the way 'Donkey' does. Even if you stand back and look through unbiased eyes, it's plain to see that the default charges are not fair.

Nobody wants to pay for their banking each month, though I 'm sure that those people who repeatedly get hit by default charges, including myself, would be happy to do so if it meant they didn't have to pay for 'donkey's' banking as they currently are.

'Donkey' why don't you answer?

I wonder if "donkey" would be so helpful to us all if your employer had at the end of the month instead of paying your salary into the bank by baccs had given you a cheque that could not be presented to the bank until the next day and then takes five days to clear in that time eight DD are refused and £304 charges are applied to your account then a further £38 for going into unauthorised overdraft a total of £342 in 5 days.

Donkey I hope you never work for an employer that goes bust and you have to wait 8 weeks for DSS to workout your unemployment benefit and get over £790 in charges applied to your bank and credit card accounts while you have no income.

I just pray that something like this does not happen to you as I would not wish this on my worst enemy and boy do you know how to make them

dpick

just to add my comment... i have been on a downward spiral for the past six years...all my bank charges have been incurred since my employer thought what a good idea it was to sack me once he discovered i was pregnant!!! i took him to court for unfair dismissal and won!!! he then went into liquidisation and opened under a slightley differant name the very next day!!! i didnt get a penny (£6000.00 won in court for lost earnings) the banks were not helpful at all and charged for everthing being returned,due to my sudden halt in wages...(what you need to understand is i found it extremly difficult to find another job being pregnant).. and you have the down right cheek to say its MY fault cos i didnt budget!!!! i will have you know the bank charges i have incurred (£2000.00) started from £80.00 charges for 4 unpaid bills!!!! the knock on effect caused me to be overdrawn every month for the next 6 years... i do budget but £80.00 is alot of money when you havn't got it... where do you suggest i could have got it from????

THE GOLDEN RULE ON THIS SITE IS THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!

WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY TILL YOU TURNED UP!!!!

CAG are not to blame they are here to give advice and if you bothered to vist the site and read you may realise that people come for exactly that, they are not dragged kicking and screaming!!!

Now of you plod and go count your millions!!!!

totally understand dpick see quote i was in same situation...

I just pray that something like this does not happen to you as I would not wish this on my worst enemy and boy do you know how to make them

dpick

To add to dpick post above -

I am not usually a praying lady, and as an athiest who respects all others beliefs. If their is a god, I hope Donkey prays to god every day that he does not have the misfortune of others, through serious illness, loss of job/income, remortgaging to crap lender, staggering bank charges eventually causing repossesion, never has to be the victim of suicide which happened to someone very close and dear to me.

YOU MAKE ME SICK.

I PRAY FOR YOUR GREENHOUSE

with total disregard

Dee

Suggest we stop feeding the troll now - CAG web crew should have the blighter's IP address. They should ban him/her for semi-literacy if nothing else ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

At present 3/4 of the population get charged indirectly and 1/4 of the population get charged indirectly and directly.

Banking has never and will never be free. It is a service and we the customer pay for it.

I do not have a problem with paying for a service. If they charge us we shall expect more and it may indirectly stimulate competition in the banking market and that will be good for all customers.

The banks have

* automated nearly all proceses and significantly reduced costs

* reduced the number of bank staff

* reduced the number of branches

* reduced the number of ATMs

* Offshored or automated call centres

so the costs have reduced but the charges keep rising as do the profits. Surprise, surprise.

Angela Knight and the BBA is spinning this. Yes this will cause the banks to charge, and the banks know that as soon as charging happens, people will start to shop around. This is not good for the big boys.

So I say bring on the charges and we'll see competition introduced in current account banking.

totally agree with the l post 22 - most people do not go overdrawn on purpose. I would rather pay a small annual fee ( and if everybody did that it would be small) , than see the more vunerable people punished unfairly.

If the poster had taken any time to read threads on the site rather than post and run he wold have seen there are people from all walks of life on here.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

ROFL Kenny :lol:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

He must be one in a small minority that has never gone over drawn in his life, never been paid by cheque and have such a brilliant memory that they have never forgotten when a direct debit is due out.

Nowdays you have to have DD's otherwise companies charge you for sending them a cheque etc, so we all tend to have so many coming out each month that occasionally we forget about one and go overdrawn. If banks/companies stopped trying to make so much profit, we wouldn't be in this situation.

I totally agree jules, but there's always a first time, & he'll most likely want to come back, & be on the same side of the fence as the rest of us; that's when we'll turn the tables on him, have fun, & tell him where to go, unless he can't get his head back from up his own a*se. He's frightened that he's about to lose his cosy job, especially now that banks have started getting all these machines, which will no doubt replace the human being.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nobody deliberately gets themselves into a spiral of charges. The bank took £2666 off one account over 2 years in charges. Know what started it......a bounced D/D for £2.10 (and yes it was 2 POUNDS 10 PENCE, NOT £210). I was on holiday, it was bounced 3 days in as it would have overdrawn me by £1!! So they bounced in putting me in credit by £1.10, then 7 days later charged me £35, putting me overdrawn by £33.90, which meant that they bounced another D/D and charged another £35 and an account maintenance charge of £28. So I got back to an overdrawn balance of £96.90. I didn't have any monry to pay in, the bank wouldn't refund the charges the 2 bounced D/D got represented, re bounced, recharged, along with a couple more - do you see where this is going? By the time I got paid, I had to pay the companies who had the payments bounced and try to cover the overdrawn amount, which I couldn't. It just snowballs from there, every month over half my wages went in charges. Eventually I had to get help from National Debtline. I opened a new bank account at a different bank and started a DMP. My original bank harrased me for ages and still kept applying interst of £30 and account maintenance charge of £28, even though I was paying them £30 a month. So the balance still rose until Payplan got involved. I have reclaimed my charges which will wipe out what I owe them and still have money left. I have managed my new bank account for 18 months now with no overdraft, as my money that goes in stays in, doesn't get taken off for charges before I have a chance to feed my family. So Donkey I hope you never overlook a small D/D as it could cost you plenty. I would gladly pay a monthly fee if it meant no more charges, as at least I could budget for it monthly. People like you get your vastly inflated salaries and bonuses out of the misery of people like me, working 6 days a week. Go buy a bit of humanity with it. :mad:

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Why have you all taken any notice of the idiot.

You have done exactly what the pervert wanted.

Reacted with anger and fed his little ego.

Pervert: literal meaning = to twist the truth.

I now suggest the thread be closed down before you feed him any more pleasure.

maggiebroom :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks