Latest from Lloyds TSB solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sorry if someone has already posted this but there is so much stuff on the forum it is sometimes a job to see. I thought it may be of interest to see the latest letter being sent by Lloyds solicitors, in respect of court cases. I have just returned my allocation questionaire and have had the following from Lloyds solicitors:

In the XXXXX County Court

ME —v- Lloyds TSB Bank plc

Claim Number: XXXXX

We are writing to explain some important developments in your court claim about current account bank charges.

Lloyds TSB believes that its current account fees and charges are clear and represent a fair charge for a banking service that is valued by its customers. However, Lloyds TSB (along with other major UK banks) has now become involved in legal proceedings with the Office of Fair Trading (”OFT”) in relation to unauthorised overdraft charges. We believe this ‘testcase’ will resolve the legal issues about the fairness and legality of these charges.

We intend to ask for any court cases dealing with these bank charges to be postponed (‘stayed’) until the banks’ proceedings with the OFT have been resolved. As a result, your case is likely to be put on hold until the outcome of this test case is known. We or the court will be contacting you about that soon.

During the legal proceedings between the banks and the OFT, the Financial Ombudsman Service has decided to put all investigations concerning the fairness and legality of unauthorised. overdraft charges on hold, until a decision :has been made by the courts. Similarly, Lloyds TSB has asked the Financial Services Authority (“FSA’) to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints, and the FSA has agreed to this request subject to conditions that protect customers’ rights.

We will keep you updated about the proceedings with the OFT as soon as we are able to do so. You can also check the latest position on Lloyds TSB ‘s website, 2http://www.lloydstsb.com" Welcome to lloydstsb.com. As a general matter, Lloyds TSB will ensure that your claim will not be adversely affected by the stay of your court proceedings.

Once the legal proceedings between the OFT and the banks finish, Lloyds TSB will try to resolve your claim as quickly as possible applying the principles established in that case

Please do keep all your documentation as you may need it following resolution of the test case

If you have any questions, please contact us on the above telephone number

Yours faithfully

Solicitors for Lloyds TSB

So thats the latest from here, I'm informed by the courts that the solicitors for Lloyds submitted their allocation late (should have been in by friday, arrived today Monday) and it has gone to the judge for direction.

Comments most welcomed.

Oscar - Hi,

All you can do now is wait to see what the court does; which all probability is to order a Stay. You can ask for that to be put aside, but if it were me I would not be holding my breath with that request.

Go back and have a look at the Step-by-Step guide here as there is stuff there and more importantly the sticky here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/78216-aqs-stays-strike-out.html

The other thing to do is visit Wiki as it much easier to find things there

Best of luck with your claim

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Thanks for the reply,

I'm not holding my breath as I'm fairly sure the stay will be ordered and we will be sitting here talking about this for months.

Not to worry I am reading about folk far worse off than myself on this forum and wish each and everyone of them well.

Remember "If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill.